Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent control unit query

Is it OK to only use two of the outputs of a quad control unit like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261079095524

I don't know if the other two would need some kind of load or termination.

(It would just be a spare for my aquarium lighting, and is cheaper than
a twin or two single ballasts)

--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Reentrant wrote:
Is it OK to only use two of the outputs of a quad control unit like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261079095524

I don't know if the other two would need some kind of load or termination.

(It would just be a spare for my aquarium lighting, and is cheaper than
a twin or two single ballasts)

I don't know for sure but some twin units that I have must have both
tubes connected. If this one is similar then I don't think an artificial
load is likely to be the answer.

You could always try and get the data sheet from the makes website?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Reentrant wrote:
Is it OK to only use two of the outputs of a quad control unit like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261079095524

I don't know if the other two would need some kind of load or termination.

(It would just be a spare for my aquarium lighting, and is cheaper than
a twin or two single ballasts)

Why not get a second aquarium?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:23:35 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

Reentrant wrote:
Is it OK to only use two of the outputs of a quad control unit like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261079095524

I don't know if the other two would need some kind of load or termination.

(It would just be a spare for my aquarium lighting, and is cheaper than
a twin or two single ballasts)

Why not get a second aquarium?

Bill

It's a digital ballast, good for securing Sky dishes to flat roofs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Reentrant writes:
Is it OK to only use two of the outputs of a quad control unit like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261079095524

I don't know if the other two would need some kind of load or termination.

(It would just be a spare for my aquarium lighting, and is cheaper than
a twin or two single ballasts)

Normally no, but in this case the datasheet indirectly implies it
might work. Just leave two of the sets of terminals disconnected.
You might find some combinations of the 4 lamps don't work.

http://www.bernlite.com/tridonic_wir...2520PC4x36.pdf

--
Andrew Gabriel