Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vienna clock mechanism

I've just dismantled one of these - it's going through a cleaning
process at the moment.

No problems so far but has anyone done anything similar and be willing
to 'hold my hand ' a bit for the re-assembly. The books are fine but
don't address all the queries.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 11/02/2013 11:38, robgraham wrote:
I've just dismantled one of these - it's going through a cleaning
process at the moment.

No problems so far but has anyone done anything similar and be willing
to 'hold my hand ' a bit for the re-assembly. The books are fine but
don't address all the queries.

Rob

I have done a few clocks in years gone by but to be honest I lived by
the seat of my pants, but did succeed in getting them all going and back
together again.

Probably best if you google and find an amateur website for clock
repairs. One place to start maybe......

http://start-model-engineering.co.uk...-clock-repair/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 11, 3:46*pm, ss wrote:
On 11/02/2013 11:38, robgraham wrote:

I've just dismantled one of these - it's going through a cleaning
process at the moment.

No problems so far but has anyone done anything similar and be willing
to 'hold my hand ' a bit for the re-assembly. *The books are fine but
don't address all the queries.

Rob

I have done a few clocks in years gone by but to be honest I lived by
the seat of my pants, but did succeed in getting them all going and back
together again.

Probably best if you google and find an amateur website for clock
repairs. *One place to start maybe......

http://start-model-engineering.co.uk...-clock-repair/

Thanks for replying, SS - always a possibility knowing how wide the
range of knowledge is here, that I would find someone to chat to.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 12, 9:41*pm, robgraham wrote:
On Feb 11, 3:46*pm, ss wrote:

On 11/02/2013 11:38, robgraham wrote:

I've just dismantled one of these - it's going through a cleaning
process at the moment.

No problems so far but has anyone done anything similar and be willing
to 'hold my hand ' a bit for the re-assembly. *The books are fine but
don't address all the queries.

Rob

I have done a few clocks in years gone by but to be honest I lived by
the seat of my pants, but did succeed in getting them all going and back
together again.

Probably best if you google and find an amateur website for clock
repairs. *One place to start maybe......

http://start-model-engineering.co.uk...-clock-repair/

Thanks for replying, SS - always a possibility knowing how wide the
range of knowledge is here, that I would find someone to chat to.

Rob

Just to follow this up for someone perhaps doing a search on clocks,
I've joined the forum at the NAWCC website and am getting the answers
I was hoping for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 13/02/2013 17:58, robgraham wrote:
On Feb 12, 9:41 pm, wrote:
On Feb 11, 3:46 pm, wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the link as in the next year or so I will bringing my clocks
back in to circulation and one or two may need some work done.

Recliner mechanism gary Home Repair 1 April 22nd 12 03:42 PM
Thwacker needs a mechanism.. steamer Metalworking 36 October 15th 07 03:15 AM
Removing taper pins from a clock mechanism Christopher Tidy Metalworking 10 December 4th 05 05:36 AM
anemometer mechanism Tim Mitchell UK diy 12 June 11th 04 07:27 PM