Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recliner mechanism

I have two matching recliners (not La-Z-Boys) .

One recliner operates normally.

The footrest of the other recliner is difficult to lower & raise and
it sometimes raises all by itself (without using the handle).

I've turned both recliners upside down and the mechanisms look
identical (I see no broken or bent parts).

How can I lubricate the problem recliner's mechanism? What kind of
grease or other lubricant should I use?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:55:57 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

I have two matching recliners (not La-Z-Boys) .

One recliner operates normally.

The footrest of the other recliner is difficult to lower & raise and
it sometimes raises all by itself (without using the handle).

I've turned both recliners upside down and the mechanisms look
identical (I see no broken or bent parts).

How can I lubricate the problem recliner's mechanism? What kind of
grease or other lubricant should I use?

If it is a lubrication problem, I'd use white lithium grease. Check
to see that everything is tight and properly aligned. Over time, pins
and bushings can wear on stuff like that, making it difficult to
operate.

Can I Convert a electric recliner chair to manual recliner? Mick. UK diy 38 May 16th 21 07:46 AM
Repairing worn out recliner footrest mechanism Daryl Helwig Home Repair 7 November 6th 19 01:44 AM
La-Z-Boy Recliner gcotterl Home Repair 7 March 18th 19 10:30 PM
Lay-Z-boy recliner foot mechanism chair is stuck in up position [email protected] Home Repair 32 October 31st 17 07:58 PM
Disassemble recliner H B Home Repair 2 October 8th 07 08:49 AM