Posted to alt.home.repair

Default La-Z-Boy Recliner

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 9:28*am, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:33:04 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl

wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

It sounds like it is not retracting all the way. Look for an
obstruction.

No obstruction.

The leg-rest fully retracts against the recliner but when I get out of
the recliner, it extends out.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Sep 12, 9:33*am, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward
instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2010 9:33 AM, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Get ahold of a lazy-boy dealer. Those mechanisms have a lifetime warranty.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 7:30*pm, Red wrote:
On Sep 12, 9:33*am, gcotterl wrote:

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward
instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.

No. The leg-rest swings out when I'm no longer in the recliner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 13, 8:50*am, gcotterl wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:30*pm, Red wrote:

On Sep 12, 9:33*am, gcotterl wrote:

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward
instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.

No. *The leg-rest swings out when I'm no longer in the recliner.

ummm...Ghosts?

I'd start with a call to Lazy-Boy and see if they'll cover it under
warranty.

If they won't, I'd look for an independent upholster that does
furniture repair.

My very last choice would be a Lazy-Boy dealer.

That's akin to taking your car to a dealership for minor repairs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Try this site:

On Sep 12, 7:33*am, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

http://www.la-z-boy.com/Files/Produc...0287%20General
%20Operating%20Instructions.pdf

Northe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Repairing worn out recliner footrest mechanism Daryl Helwig Home Repair 7 November 6th 19 01:44 AM
Walking recliner Make it stop metspitzer Home Repair 2 August 27th 08 10:51 PM
Disassemble recliner H B Home Repair 2 October 8th 07 08:49 AM
Stinky Recliner, how to take out the stink ziggs Home Repair 7 July 8th 06 06:47 PM