DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   La-Z-Boy Recliner (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/309853-la-z-boy-recliner.html)

gcotterl September 12th 10 03:33 PM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

gcotterl September 12th 10 07:56 PM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

On Sep 12, 9:28*am, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:33:04 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl

wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

It sounds like it is not retracting all the way. Look for an
obstruction.

No obstruction.

The leg-rest fully retracts against the recliner but when I get out of
the recliner, it extends out.

Red September 13th 10 03:30 AM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

On Sep 12, 9:33*am, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward
instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.

Steve Barker[_6_] September 13th 10 04:20 AM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

On 9/12/2010 9:33 AM, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Get ahold of a lazy-boy dealer. Those mechanisms have a lifetime warranty.

--
Steve Barker

gcotterl September 13th 10 01:50 PM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

On Sep 12, 7:30*pm, Red wrote:
On Sep 12, 9:33*am, gcotterl wrote:

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward
instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.

No. The leg-rest swings out when I'm no longer in the recliner.

DerbyDad03 September 13th 10 01:57 PM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

On Sep 13, 8:50*am, gcotterl wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:30*pm, Red wrote:

On Sep 12, 9:33*am, gcotterl wrote:

How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

Sounds like you're pulling on the arms to pull yourself forward
instead of pushing down on the arms to lift yourself up.

No. *The leg-rest swings out when I'm no longer in the recliner.

ummm...Ghosts?

I'd start with a call to Lazy-Boy and see if they'll cover it under
warranty.

If they won't, I'd look for an independent upholster that does
furniture repair.

My very last choice would be a Lazy-Boy dealer.

That's akin to taking your car to a dealership for minor repairs.

Northe[_2_] September 13th 10 03:04 PM

La-Z-Boy Recliner

Try this site:

On Sep 12, 7:33*am, gcotterl wrote:
How can I adjust the leg-rest so it doesn't swing out when I get out
of the recliner?

http://www.la-z-boy.com/Files/Produc...0287%20General
%20Operating%20Instructions.pdf

Northe

[email protected] March 18th 19 10:30 PM

La-Z-Boy Recliner