Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Humming Toaster

Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as

http://uk.shopping.com/Breville-Lightning-PT15/info

Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever and
stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly. I've tried
pressing on the side of the casing and in certain places this deadens the
sound somewhat. Tried Googling but can't find any explanation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Wesley" wrote in
o.uk:

Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as

http://uk.shopping.com/Breville-Lightning-PT15/info

Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever
and stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly. I've
tried pressing on the side of the casing and in certain places this
deadens the sound somewhat. Tried Googling but can't find any
explanation.

Possibly the magnet that holds down the mechanism until the timer
releases it. Maybe has a crub on the face that is causing the bit that
sticks to the magnet to vibrate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wesley wrote:
Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as

http://uk.shopping.com/Breville-Lightning-PT15/info

Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever and
stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly. I've tried
pressing on the side of the casing and in certain places this deadens the
sound somewhat. Tried Googling but can't find any explanation.

It is almost certainly crumbs in the solenoid that holds the pop up
mechanism in the down position.
Open it up and clean it out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2013 6:10 a.m., Wesley wrote:
Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as

http://uk.shopping.com/Breville-Lightning-PT15/info

Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever and
stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly. I've tried
pressing on the side of the casing and in certain places this deadens the
sound somewhat. Tried Googling but can't find any explanation.

Does it always hum the same tune?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well providing its not arcing anywhere, easily tested with an am radio,
then most likely some of the wires on the heating element are vibrating. If
the toaster is a metal body one these tend to be more prone to this I have
found. I guess eventually the element might fil due to the movement but at
present, asuming no arcing, its just an annoying thing.

Brian

Email:

"Wesley" wrote in message
o.uk...
Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as

http://uk.shopping.com/Breville-Lightning-PT15/info

Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever and
stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly. I've tried
pressing on the side of the casing and in certain places this deadens the
sound somewhat. Tried Googling but can't find any explanation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 17:20:35 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Wesley wrote:
Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as

http://uk.shopping.com/Breville-Lightning-PT15/info

Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever and
stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly.

It is almost certainly crumbs in the solenoid that holds the pop up
mechanism in the down position.
Open it up and clean it out.

My brother in law had to throw theirs out because it started humming
in another way, for reasons best known to itself their cat climbed on
to it and crapped in a slot.
First they knew about it was the funny smell at breakfast time
followed a few seconds later by hot cat turd and toast pinging up.
Almost makes toast toppers or pop tarts look good.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Best laugh I had all day :-)

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-872983-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2021 15:45, Greg Carr wrote:
Best laugh I had all day :-)

He who laughs last, laughs loudest. You are commenting on
an 8-year old post !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is a very long hum.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
On 09/03/2021 15:45, Greg Carr wrote:
Best laugh I had all day :-)

He who laughs last, laughs loudest. You are commenting on
an 8-year old post !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) has brought this to us :
That is a very long hum.

What tune?

Humming faucets DerbyDad03 Home Repair 0 October 20th 08 10:49 PM
Humming faucets Bob F Home Repair 7 October 20th 08 10:21 PM
Humming noise. [email protected] Electronics Repair 19 March 5th 08 07:16 PM
Can't Stop Humming Ron Electronics Repair 38 June 21st 06 09:10 AM
marantz sr-50 humming chris C Electronics Repair 7 January 10th 05 11:28 AM