Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humming faucets

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a price
pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in diameter by
1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:32:43 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a price
pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in diameter by
1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?

Do you have a Water Pressure Reducing Valve -- adjust it?
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images...-5731-3809.jpg

I don't hear good things about that brand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a price
pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in diameter by
1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?

Do you have a Water Pressure Reducing Valve -- adjust it?
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images...-5731-3809.jpg

I don't hear good things about that brand.

No reducing valve. Water pressure is about 70 psi.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a price
pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in diameter by
1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?

You could try adjusting the angle stop, just a little bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Oct 19, 6:05*pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:
washers tight?"Bob F" wrote in message

. ..

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a
price pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in
diameter by 1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?- Hide quoted text -

Have you replaced the cartridge as they are under lifetime warranty,
any difference if shower or tub spout in the amount of noise. As
someone else suggested try to open and close your shutoffs a bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a price
pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in diameter by
1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?

You could try adjusting the angle stop, just a little bit.

Yes. Closing the under-sink valve a bit virtually eliminates the noise. Thanks
everyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:20:17 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I remodeled a bathroom a year ago. Recently the faucets started humming,
somewhat loudly, as you turn them on or off (very low volume). This is a price
pfister faucet, IIRC, with an internal rubber seal about 1/4" in diameter by
1/4" long. Any ideas on fixing this?

You could try adjusting the angle stop, just a little bit.

Yes. Closing the under-sink valve a bit virtually eliminates the noise. Thanks
everyone.

Inspect in a day or so. Sometimes tampering with the valve might cause
a leak. It's suggested too never have the angle stop valve at full on,
but to turn it down a bit. After any repairs.

Humming noise. [email protected] Electronics Repair 19 March 5th 08 08:16 PM
bath/shower thermostatic/pressure balance retrofit faucets for three handle faucets? Matthew Zenkar Home Repair 4 June 9th 07 11:50 PM
Can't Stop Humming Ron Electronics Repair 38 June 21st 06 10:10 AM
light humming mo Home Repair 6 February 17th 06 04:13 AM
marantz sr-50 humming chris C Electronics Repair 7 January 10th 05 12:28 PM