Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone used a Dustbuddy with a box sinker?

On 28/01/2013 19:31, mike wrote:
I usually hold the vacuum nozzle behind the box sinker (toothed kind
rather than rotary Armeg) when sinking holes but I was wondering if
this gadget offered any improvement in efficiency when minimising dust
is a concern:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dustbuddy-...-/121058265589

I know Grimly Curmudgeon bought one back in 2007 for use with an
Armeg. If you're reading this, anything to report on its usefulness
or otherwise?

Is it likely to work better with a dust-prodcing Armeg than a chunk-
producing toothed sinker?

Anyone else got one? I thought there was a discussion about making
your own a while ago but I haven't managed to find it in Google groups
archive.

I use a Quad Cut, which does generate loads of dust when doing the
circular holes. I just use a bowl-shaped piece of plastic, cut from the
packaging of another tool, to try to contain the dust. It's a bit of a
pain to use - you need a helper to hold it, but it does massively cut
down the dust even without a vac.

It's a bit difficult to tell from the photo, but the Dustbuddy does seem
to leave quite a big gap around the cutter, so I can't see it doing much
without a vac. Still, it's pretty cheap so it might be worth a punt.

Cheers,

Colin.