Junior Member

Default Fitting an adjustable Duo Flush Dudley Turbo 88

I have recently fitted an adjustable Duo Flush Dudley Turbo 88 in my toilet cistern. I can not get it to perform a half flush on a regular basis. Has anyone out there fitted one of these and had the same problem? It is driving me mad as I have tried to adjust this so many times. All help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
lincsman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

lincsman expressed precisely :
I have recently fitted an adjustable Duo Flush Dudley Turbo 88 in my
toilet cistern. I can not get it to perform a half flush on a regular
basis. Has anyone out there fitted one of these and had the same
problem? It is driving me mad as I have tried to adjust this so many
times. All help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
lincsman

Lincsman, if you are still around....

It is rather counter intuitive, but try reducing / lowering the cistern
fill level a bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJM PJM is offline

replying to lincsman, PJM wrote:
I recently fitted Dudley turbo 88 siphons to all three of our toilets. The
short flush worked perfectly for the two upstairs toilets however the
downstairs cistern emptied fully every time no matter what.
I inspected all three and the only difference I could see was that the top of
the C link on the downstairs (faulty) siphon leaned away from the handle
whereas the top of the upstairs C links were vertical or leaning towards the
handle.
Therefore on the downstairs siphon I reattached the C link onto the next to
last hole rather than the last hole on the handle arm so that the top of the C
link leaned towards the handle.
This seems to have solved the problem. The short flush now works most of the
time although it helps to turn the handle quickly.
I hope this is of use to everyone.
PJM

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...88-869341-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to PJM, Bob wrote:
The C link is to long so not allowing the rubber washer to lift enough ,
remedy C link 10/12 mm shorter, or try a bend and move further back on lever.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...88-869341-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bob, Bob wrote:
Make sure the short flush blue washer is on top of the rubber one

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...88-869341-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bob, DaveRepair wrote:
My tubo88 also had an erratic reduced flush because the black washer below the
blue one did not always expose the air leak holes because its bore was too
large for the thicker section of the piston rod. The simple solution was to
swap the black and blue washers around as the blue plastic washer will catch
on the thicker section. Dudley should provide a black rubber washer with the
correct bore or made of a rubber that doesnt expand after a few years

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...88-869341-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ev. Ev. is offline

Hi Dave, just had one of these installed professionally, same problem as others with short flush. Spoke to Dudley, helpful but no solution. Yours works!! WTF is the matter with these people, you try to buy British, I understand these have been about for many years, Idea brilliant, ie I can service myself, spoilt by detail, thanks for the solution, Andrew

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...88-869341-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2021 16:45, Ev. wrote:
Hi Dave, just had one of these installed professionally, same problem as
others with short flush. Spoke to Dudley, helpful but no solution. Yours
works!! WTF is the matter with these people, you try to buy British, I
understand these have been about for many years, Idea brilliant, ie I
can service myself, spoilt by detail, thanks for the solution, Andrew

Have you kept your legs crossed for 8 years ??