Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - if you don't use it for 2 years you don't need it

Needed to shape the edge of some MDF the other day and so got out my B&D
router.

Then I realised that the last time I can remember using it was 2003/2004.

Well, I knew it would come in useful some day!

Cheers

Dave R

--
Pan in Vista on second Vista PC.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote...
Needed to shape the edge of some MDF the other day and so got out my B&D
router.

Then I realised that the last time I can remember using it was 2003/2004.

Well, I knew it would come in useful some day!

When I realised I hadn't used my router for 3 years, I made a clamp-on
bracket to fit it onto my lathe as a toolpost grinder... Used a bit more
frequently since!

Dave H. (the other one)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , news.virginmedia.com
writes

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote...
Needed to shape the edge of some MDF the other day and so got out my B&D
router.

Then I realised that the last time I can remember using it was 2003/2004.

Well, I knew it would come in useful some day!

When I realised I hadn't used my router for 3 years, I made a clamp-on
bracket to fit it onto my lathe as a toolpost grinder... Used a bit more
frequently since!

Umm.. grinding grit doesn't do the slides much good:-(

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
I have the same thing with meccano bits. Fixed the curtain rail with it over
Xmas.

brian

90% of the stuff in my garage is rubbish. The difficulty is knowing
which is the 10% I should keep
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 20/01/2013 20:26, bert wrote:

90% of the stuff in my garage is rubbish. The difficulty is knowing
which is the 10% I should keep

That's simple - whatever you throw out!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lee
writes
On 20/01/2013 20:26, bert wrote:

90% of the stuff in my garage is rubbish. The difficulty is knowing
which is the 10% I should keep

That's simple - whatever you throw out!

I had to think about that :-)
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote...

When I realised I hadn't used my router for 3 years, I made a clamp-on
bracket to fit it onto my lathe as a toolpost grinder... Used a bit more
frequently since!

Umm.. grinding grit doesn't do the slides much good:-(

Agrred - but when grinding it's covered with an oily bedsheet and anyway has
Posh aluminium way covers built in so you can't actually see the ways...

Dave H. (the other one)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , bert ]
escribió:

90% of the stuff in my garage is rubbish. The difficulty is knowing
which is the 10% I should keep

And you'll find a use for it when the bin wagon's turned round the
corner and it's too late.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/01/2013 15:38, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Needed to shape the edge of some MDF the other day and so got out my B&D
router.

Then I realised that the last time I can remember using it was 2003/2004.

Well, I knew it would come in useful some day!

Cheers

Dave R

I last used my router to make a box fox my router bits.

--
Reentrant

56 years ago Dennis Metalworking 3 January 19th 11 09:03 AM
Duh! Why didn't I do this years ago? -MIKE- Woodworking 16 November 13th 10 11:23 PM
30 years ago.... Adam Aglionby UK diy 50 January 18th 10 10:22 PM
Gas not used for 2 years twinkle twinkle UK diy 31 December 26th 07 01:31 PM
IN A FEW YEARS [email protected] Home Ownership 1 June 25th 05 09:49 AM