Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 56 years ago

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Thats only 56 years ago!

[........]

Thirty years ago I used to be able visit the store with $5 in my wallet and
come away with a bottle of whisky and a packet of cigarettes. You cant do
that these days, too many ****ing security cameras.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:48:50 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Thats only 56 years ago!

[........]

Thirty years ago I used to be able visit the store with $5 in my wallet and
come away with a bottle of whisky and a packet of cigarettes. You cant do
that these days, too many ****ing security cameras.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:48:50 +0800, "Dennis"
wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Thats only 56 years ago!

[........]

Thirty years ago I used to be able visit the store with $5 in my wallet and
come away with a bottle of whisky and a packet of cigarettes. You cant do
that these days, too many ****ing security cameras.

In 1949, I figured that if I ever earned a dollar per hour, I would be
a Rich man. When I turned 19 (1958) I worked as a labourer wheeling
concrete in a wheelbarrow for $1.25/hour.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:48:50 +0800, "Dennis"
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Thats only 56 years ago!

[........]

Thirty years ago I used to be able visit the store with $5 in my wallet
and come away with a bottle of whisky and a packet of cigarettes. You cant
do that these days, too many ****ing security cameras.

In 1949, I figured that if I ever earned a dollar per hour, I would be
a Rich man. When I turned 19 (1958) I worked as a labourer wheeling
concrete in a wheelbarrow for $1.25/hour.

EEk! You're OLD! I was _born_ in 1949! Anyway, I remember the first nine
dollars I earned at my paper route - I bought a BB gun. It wasn't a Daisy,
but some off-brand, and it was my most prized possession. In about 1966,
I got a job as a bus boy/dishwasher at $1.20/hr, and we used to steal the
coffee hostess's tips. =:-O

Cheers!
Rich

30 years ago.... Adam Aglionby UK diy 50 January 18th 10 10:22 PM
100 years Ron Woodworking 3 January 11th 08 08:58 PM
100 Years of E=mc2 AJAY SHARMA Electronics 21 November 11th 06 01:39 PM
New Years? Sacramento Dave Home Repair 11 December 29th 05 12:50 AM
IN A FEW YEARS [email protected] Home Ownership 1 June 25th 05 09:49 AM