Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default I do hope that was an ashtray and not an urn that I have smashed

I am doing a rewire in a rather unsavoury house and whilst pulling in the
gas bonding the cable hit the mantelpiece. The mantelpiece was not fastened
down and came crashing to the floor smashing what looked like an urn.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
I am doing a rewire in a rather unsavoury house and whilst pulling in the
gas bonding the cable hit the mantelpiece. The mantelpiece was not fastened
down and came crashing to the floor smashing what looked like an urn.

--
Adam

Negligence, failure to respect property, failure make the working area safe,
failure to remove customer's property from the working area.
Typical Spark.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I am doing a rewire in a rather unsavoury house and whilst pulling in
the gas bonding the cable hit the mantelpiece. The mantelpiece was
not fastened down and came crashing to the floor smashing what looked
like an urn.

The answer was blowing in the wind then?

Blame the apprentice and tell him to clean the ash up - you could also use
it for filling in the few holes that you make when you refit the
mantelpiece.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
I am doing a rewire in a rather unsavoury house and whilst pulling in the
gas bonding the cable hit the mantelpiece. The mantelpiece was not fastened
down and came crashing to the floor smashing what looked like an urn.

Was Eric with it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Brian Gaff wrote:
Trouble is of course, the working area seems to have to include
areas larger than anticipated by the sound of it, who has mantle
pieces not fixed down?

Brian

I feel quite sorry for the guy. He is a hoarder and he has mental health
problems. However for the work he is having done he has cleared out a lot of
stuff that he had been hoarding and today the council took it away. They
also took away the boxes with all his kitchen equipment in them that he had
moved outside for the rewire.

--
Adam

Repairing plastic ashtray Ivan[_8_] Home Repair 25 November 25th 18 07:42 PM
FISH HEAD ASHTRAY J T Woodworking 2 November 15th 05 06:26 PM
smashed mailbox, repairable? ap Metalworking 6 March 17th 05 01:51 PM
Just smashed a manhole cover David W.E. Roberts UK diy 5 March 9th 05 09:12 PM
FA: Machinists's Desk pen/ashtray Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 1 November 28th 04 03:19 AM