Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corner opening shower cabinet - door gear

Mum lost her balance in the shower and has succeeded in breaking the
sliding door gear at the top of one of the (corner opening) sliding doors.

I can find no brand name anywhere on the cubicle or doors and suspect it
was the original builders supply when first installed c16 years ago.

The wheel itself is grooved as though it should run *on* a track but it
actually appears to be running in a c-shaped track.

Wheel diameter is c16mm diam.

Can anyone suggest any uk vendors of 'spares' who may be able to assist?

TIA

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:

Mum lost her balance in the shower and has succeeded in breaking the
sliding door gear at the top of one of the (corner opening) sliding doors.

I can find no brand name anywhere on the cubicle or doors and suspect it
was the original builders supply when first installed c16 years ago.

The wheel itself is grooved as though it should run *on* a track but it
actually appears to be running in a c-shaped track.

Wheel diameter is c16mm diam.

Can anyone suggest any uk vendors of 'spares' who may be able to assist?

There are loads of different types of shower roller, as I've found to my
cost before.
Make sure you get the correct size, and profile of the roller.
I've used these recently, with no problems:
http://showerpart.co.uk

(I'm glad you brought this up, I have to order a new shower door handle
for a customer, and they sell those too)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:52:16 +0000, A.Lee wrote:

David P wrote:

The wheel itself is grooved as though it should run *on* a track but it
actually appears to be running in a c-shaped track.

Wheel diameter is c16mm diam.

Can anyone suggest any uk vendors of 'spares' who may be able to
assist?

There are loads of different types of shower roller, as I've found to my
cost before.
Make sure you get the correct size, and profile of the roller. I've used
these recently, with no problems: http://showerpart.co.uk

Just checked them - sadly none are small enough or correctly profiled.
The nearest they have cost 65 quid!!!

A new cubicle is looming on the horizon.

(I'm glad you brought this up, I have to order a new shower door handle
for a customer, and they sell those too)

Glad to have been of help!

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, December 31, 2012 3:40:24 PM UTC, David P wrote:

Mum lost her balance in the shower and has succeeded in breaking the
sliding door gear at the top of one of the (corner opening) sliding doors.
I can find no brand name anywhere on the cubicle or doors and suspect it
was the original builders supply when first installed c16 years ago.
The wheel itself is grooved as though it should run *on* a track but it
actually appears to be running in a c-shaped track.
Wheel diameter is c16mm diam.
Can anyone suggest any uk vendors of 'spares' who may be able to assist?
TIA
David

If its a wheel you need, making one should be much quicker than a new cubicle. Or turn a ready mounted one down to the right size.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:38:39 PM UTC, David P wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:24:13 +0000, ss wrote:

Unfortunately its more than the wheel as the gear itself is broken - but
the wheel diameter seemed to be the most relevant part of my question.
Checked out a couple of other websites now but still no luck.

gis a pic, maybe someone will know

NT

Giganto-TV cabinet - File 1 of 1 - yEnc "Corner TV cabinet.JPG" 69236 bytes (1/1) Steve Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 April 1st 07 03:37 AM
Shower Door Radius at Bottom Corner Causing Gap jk Home Repair 2 December 29th 06 01:22 AM
CORNER CABINET J T Woodworking 2 January 6th 06 04:41 PM
medicine cabinet door opening Ken Home Repair 3 September 27th 05 01:45 AM
Joining Corner Problem - Medicine Cabinet Door Patrick Gillette Woodworking 7 February 20th 04 03:19 PM