Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Corner opening shower cabinet - door gear

On 31/12/2012 20:49, wrote:
On Monday, December 31, 2012 3:40:24 PM UTC, David P wrote:

Mum lost her balance in the shower and has succeeded in breaking the
sliding door gear at the top of one of the (corner opening) sliding doors.
I can find no brand name anywhere on the cubicle or doors and suspect it
was the original builders supply when first installed c16 years ago.
The wheel itself is grooved as though it should run *on* a track but it
actually appears to be running in a c-shaped track.
Wheel diameter is c16mm diam.
Can anyone suggest any uk vendors of 'spares' who may be able to assist?
TIA
David

If its a wheel you need, making one should be much quicker than a new cubicle. Or turn a ready mounted one down to the right size.

NT

Since its a DIY forum.
I have turned small pieces like that in an electric drill (dont have a
lathe) just set it up and hold the drill in a workbench, does a
reasonable job :-)