Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Whinging *******s

I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions for
them.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I
used a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions
for them.

--
Adam

Take it out and tell her to **** off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder
writes

Take it out and **** her off.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/12 15:36, bert wrote:
In message , Mr Pounder
writes

Take it out and stop ****ing her.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 20/12/12 15:36, bert wrote:
In message , Mr Pounder
writes

Adam, have you stopped ****ing her?
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:38:29 -0000, a certain chimpanzee,
"ARW" , randomly hit the keyboard and
wrote:

I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions for
them.

Charge 'em £151 to replace it with a new one.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:38:29 PM UTC, wrote:

I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.
I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions for
them.

'Would you like a new one? Certainly. I'd advise its not necessary, but I can do that for you if you're sure that's what you want.' Then send them the bill. You might even itemise it as replacing programmer - free, then supply & fit new programmer - £££.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/19/2012 2:38 PM, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions for
them.

Did she perhaps not understand that _you_ were NOT the person who quoted
GBP150? If she thought they were being charged that much, I can see why
she might be annoyed at finding a 2nd-hand unit had been used.

Or perhaps she's just a nasty old cow.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

S Viemeister wrote:
On 12/19/2012 2:38 PM, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut -
broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix
it. I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which
I have just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to
complain that I used a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed
off a set of instuctions for them.

Did she perhaps not understand that _you_ were NOT the person who
quoted GBP150? If she thought they were being charged that much, I
can see why she might be annoyed at finding a 2nd-hand unit had been
used.
Or perhaps she's just a nasty old cow.

I thought that the bit of green paint around the programmer gave it a
scouting theme:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 19, 8:24*pm, "ARW" wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 12/19/2012 2:38 PM, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut -
broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix
it. I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which
I have just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to
complain that I used a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed
off a set of instuctions for them.

Did she perhaps not understand that _you_ were NOT the person who
quoted GBP150? If she thought they were being charged that much, I
can see why she might be annoyed at finding a 2nd-hand unit had been
used.
Or perhaps she's just a nasty old cow.

I thought that the bit of green paint around the programmer gave it a
scouting theme:-)

--
Adam

Do they still make smokey fires in the bushes these days then? (Dib
dib dib)
I thought they sat in front of computers these days?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

harry wrote:
On Dec 19, 8:24 pm, "ARW" wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 12/19/2012 2:38 PM, ARW wrote:
[...]

The last time I was on a scout camp site the smoke in the bushes was from
the Explorer Scouts with their cannabis.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote:

The last time I was on a scout camp site the smoke in the bushes was from
the Explorer Scouts with their cannabis.

Cool - they have Scouts with SUVs?

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:59:34 -0500, S Viemeister wrote:

I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut -
broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:59:34 -0500, S Viemeister wrote:

I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut -
broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix
it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer -
which I have just done - and the cow in charge has just called me
to complain that I used a second hand programmer. FFS I even
printed off a set of instuctions for them.

Did she perhaps not understand that _you_ were NOT the person who
quoted GBP150? If she thought they were being charged that much, I
can see why she might be annoyed at finding a 2nd-hand unit had
been used.

Knowing how well communication (doesn't) happen within such groups
that is a distinct possibilty.

Or perhaps she's just a nasty old cow.

In which case remove the programmer that was provided and installed
for free and let 'em pay the £150. Make sure the parents know what has
happened...

It's sorted. She thought that she was going to be billed £150 for the job
and did not know that I had I had done it for free.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/19/2012 3:56 PM, ARW wrote:

It's sorted. She thought that she was going to be billed £150 for the job
and did not know that I had I had done it for free.

I hope she was properly apologetic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

S Viemeister wrote:
On 12/19/2012 3:56 PM, ARW wrote:

It's sorted. She thought that she was going to be billed £150 for
the job and did not know that I had I had done it for free.

I hope she was properly apologetic.

She was nice when I spoke to her again. I will soon be fitting a free room
stat and a frost stat.

I suppose it it did not help that the £150 quote was from someone also
called Adam.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:03:25 -0500, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 12/19/2012 3:56 PM, ARW wrote:

It's sorted. She thought that she was going to be billed £150 for the job
and did not know that I had I had done it for free.

I hope she was properly apologetic.

Perhaps she will offer him a blow job.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/12 19:38, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instructions for
them.

The less you charge the more they whinge.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 19/12/12 19:38, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I
have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that
I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instructions
for
them.

The less you charge the more they whinge.

Ho yuss. A company I used to work for ran a free shuttle from a Tesco
store to the town centre, and that service generated more complaints
than the rest of the network (50 plus services) put together.

Same for a "free holiday" coach service we used to run for a promotional
company. The less they pay, the more they expect.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Williamson
writes
On 19/12/12 19:38, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which
I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain
that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of
instructions for
them.

The less you charge the more they whinge.

Ho yuss. A company I used to work for ran a free shuttle from a Tesco
store to the town centre, and that service generated more complaints
than the rest of the network (50 plus services) put together.

Same for a "free holiday" coach service we used to run for a
promotional company. The less they pay, the more they expect.

You mean like the health service.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bert wrote:
In message , John Williamson
writes
On 19/12/12 19:38, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which
I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain
that I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of
instructions for
them.

The less you charge the more they whinge.

Ho yuss. A company I used to work for ran a free shuttle from a Tesco
store to the town centre, and that service generated more complaints
than the rest of the network (50 plus services) put together.

Same for a "free holiday" coach service we used to run for a
promotional company. The less they pay, the more they expect.

You mean like the health service.

Exactly. Except that a lot of the NHS isn't free.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/12 19:38, ARW wrote:
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I
have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that
I used
a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instructions
for
them.

The less you charge the more they whinge.

Hmm, SWMBO's a GP, and certainly gets that in spades...

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken
inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have
just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I
used a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions
for them.

--
Adam

Glad that you have sorted this amicably but, a boiler in the Scout Hut?
I though they were (almost) self-igniting
Nick.