Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Securing wall hung pan

Just finished the tiling and got the pan out of the box ready to bolt to the
wall. The instructions indicate that a thin silicone rubber gasket should
go between pan and tiles, but none is supplied with the pan or the concealed
cistern and frame. I spoke to the retailer who says just to mount it direct
to the tiles and that they don't supply gaskets. Is that the usual method?
It seems reasonable to me to use a gasket to prevent point contact loads.
I've been advised not to use a bead of silicone sealant since it will be
difficult to remove the pan without damage in the event of a leak.

The pan is secured to threaded rod anchored into the steel frame, there is a
layer of plasterboard and then the tiles, I made sure that the plasterboard
was hard up against the steel - ie there should be no flex. The tiles are
quite big and the pan locates on just one tile.

Any thoughts, I really don't want the tiles to crack in six months time!

Mart C