Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Putting your hand in cold water and instantly needing to have a pee

I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down
the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the
plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -
and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to pee"
mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really happened. I
am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working outside for
most of the day.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when
the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the
toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5
seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand into a
bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier would wet the
bed

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Phil L wrote:
ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning
when the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I
needed the toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a
"less than 5 seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand
into a bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier
would wet the bed

I was awake:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Phil L wrote:
ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning
when the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I
needed the toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a
"less than 5 seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand
into a bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier
would wet the bed

I was awake:-)

You are just getting older.
And all of that booze.
Just wait until you start ****ing whilst in the shower.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote:

Just wait until you start ****ing whilst in the shower.

You mean there are people who don't??

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/12/2012 20:31, ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down
the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the
plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -
and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to pee"
mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really happened. I
am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working outside for
most of the day.

It might be immersion diuresis. But even that seems ill-researched
beyond suggesting that vasopressin (anti-diuretic hormone/ADH)
production is suddenly reduced leaving you ready to ****.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down
the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the
plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -
and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to pee"
mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No, but here's another oddity. Some years ago I had a muscle spasm in my
back that was so bad that I had to be rendered unconscious. Afterwards I
found I had two disabilities. One was that the right side of my right
leg had been rendered insensible. I could stick pins in my flesh and
feel nothing. There was, however, no loss of control. The other was that
if I pressed on a certain spot on my lower back I lost bladder control.
Both of these persist to the present.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:37:17 -0000, "Phil L"
wrote:

ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when
the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the
toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5
seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand into a
bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier would wet the
bed

Same at boarding school!

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:18:06 +0000, Tim+
wrote:

"Mr Pounder" wrote:

Just wait until you start ****ing whilst in the shower.

You mean there are people who don't??

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement. Anglo-Saxons definitely have more
hang-ups about this kind of thing than other nationalities.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 04:40:32 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

ARW wrote:
[...]

In idle moments I have pondered an invention for the police, like a
tazer, which would be a gadget that focuses an invisible beam on to
just such a spot. For crowd control in riot situations, the police
would silently "open fire" and a hundred people would **** themselves
immediately.

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MM wrote:

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement. Anglo-Saxons definitely have more
hang-ups about this kind of thing than other nationalities.

I recall an occasion in France when stopped at a level crossing.
The guy in the car in front stepped out, took about two paces
towards the hedge and let rip.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2012 04:40, Bill Wright wrote:
ARW wrote:
[...]

Just give it time Bill then everyone (who live long enough) will join you!

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:07:58 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

MM wrote:

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement. Anglo-Saxons definitely have more
hang-ups about this kind of thing than other nationalities.

I recall an occasion in France when stopped at a level crossing.
The guy in the car in front stepped out, took about two paces
towards the hedge and let rip.

And in Britain if a particularly jobsworthy plod happened by, the
bloke would be arrested.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On Dec 13, 9:18 pm, Tim+ wrote:
Just wait until you start ****ing whilst in the shower.

You mean there are people who don't??

Coal doesn't burn so well if it's wet

Owain
Not always true.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its very common though. Its worse with iced water. the thing is though that
there is not always that much pee to come out. I suspect it might have
things to do with shock or maybe the way the body tries to conserve heat or
move blood internally away from extremities.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"ARW" wrote in message
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down
the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the
plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -
and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to
pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really happened. I
am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working outside for
most of the day.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A lot of us as we age find our guts get shall we say lower due to gravity,
and it kind of gets folds that can when you lay in certain positions press
against the bladder and make one feel like you need to pee. I know cos it
happens to me. Maybe these folk who do shoulder stands know about this.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
Phil L wrote:
ARW wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Dec, 20:31, "ARW" wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down
the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the
plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -
and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to pee"
mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really happened. I
am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working outside for
most of the day.

--
Adam

Or indeed why I can get into bed at night, lie on my back for any
number of minutes (ditto my right side, but as soon as I lie on my
right (which also happens to be the side where I go to sleep) I then
immediately fart. (bit of a bore for SWMBO who happens to sleep on my
right !:=((

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:
MM wrote:

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement.

Aren't there something similar on some London streets now ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:

Chris J Dixon wrote:
MM wrote:

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement.

Aren't there something similar on some London streets now ?

Yes - just over the road from Charing X Station - but they are only
unlocked/opened at certain times, late at night.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when
the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the
toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5
seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand into a
bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier would wet the
bed

Same at boarding school!

MM

oh god it's all coming out now....

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Jim Hawkins wrote:

Aren't there something similar on some London streets now ?

Yes - just over the road from Charing X Station - but they are only
unlocked/opened at certain times, late at night.

Also some pop-ups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-QWbuwJSfQ

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Holmes wrote:

Or indeed why I can get into bed at night, lie on my back for any
number of minutes (ditto my right side, but as soon as I lie on my
right (which also happens to be the side where I go to sleep) I then
immediately fart. (bit of a bore for SWMBO who happens to sleep on my
right !:=((

Wouldn't it be worse if she slept on your left?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand into a
bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier would wet the
bed

Same at boarding school!

oh god it's all coming out now....

Well, take your hand out of the water! ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

MM wrote:

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement. Anglo-Saxons definitely have more
hang-ups about this kind of thing than other nationalities.

I recall an occasion in France when stopped at a level crossing.
The guy in the car in front stepped out, took about two paces
towards the hedge and let rip.

And in Britain if a particularly jobsworthy plod happened by, the
bloke would be arrested.

I have vague meories of some statute which allows you to **** against the
offside (or was it nearside) rear wheeel - originally intended for carters.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On Dec 13, 9:18 pm, Tim+ wrote:
Just wait until you start ****ing whilst in the shower.

You mean there are people who don't??

Coal doesn't burn so well if it's wet

Owain

The ferrets lie on it whilst I have a shower.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
A lot of us as we age find our guts get shall we say lower due to gravity,

Yes, for a bit of time now I've pondered the possibility of
constructing some sort of framework that would fit between my hips and
armpits that I could extend with a ratched to stretch my spine and
keep my back straight and stop my innards crushing themselves.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
On 13/12/2012 20:31, ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down
the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the
plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -
and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to pee"
mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really happened. I
am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working outside for
most of the day.

It might be immersion diuresis. But even that seems ill-researched

Try telling that to any scuba diver who's in the water for more than an
hour - even in warm waters I struggled to avoid peeing in my wetsuit...

In coler waters on longer dives (3 hours) in the dry suit it was fine
though - I have plumbing to the outside... (Google p-valve if you
really want to know!)

Oh, it also goes without saying (or should, but I'll say it anyway)
that if you're a chap in your late 40's or older, then any signs of
problems in the waterworks department really should be checked out by
your doc! Movember, Bob Monkhouse and all that...

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2012-12-14, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Try telling that to any scuba diver who's in the water for more than an
hour - even in warm waters I struggled to avoid peeing in my wetsuit...

Why avoid it? Hell, in my original club we even had a signal which meant
"I have just peed in my wetsuit and it's lovely."

Because the wetsuits stink if you don't wash them out afterwards...

In cooler waters on longer dives (3 hours) in the dry suit it was fine
though - I have plumbing to the outside...

Not underwater, though. )

Yes - while underwater.

http://www.othree.co.uk/#!/p-valve-and-accessories-22/

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:31:34 PM UTC, wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath down

the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when the

plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the toilet -

and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5 seconds to pee"

mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

And does it happen with women too, as I've only ever heard about men/boys doing this, whatever happened to sex equality ;-)

I've also heard that when peeing people dream about peeing while doing it.

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really happened. I

am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working outside for

most of the day.

--

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:29:04 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

Jim Hawkins wrote:

Aren't there something similar on some London streets now ?

Yes - just over the road from Charing X Station - but they are only
unlocked/opened at certain times, late at night.

Also some pop-ups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-QWbuwJSfQ

Chris

What a ruddy stupid gimmick! I wonder how much Reading council tax
payers paid for that PoS? Imagine if you were inside taking a slash
and the computer decided to sink back into the pavement. You could be
in there all night, along with several gallons of wee. Nice!

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

wrote:
ARW wrote:
[...]

Go to the bathroom, then!

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:17:38 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
On 13/12/2012 20:31, ARW wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but even with Benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is what I've
had for years, you do need to pee more often. I've had fingers up me
bum so many times since the 1970s, it's becoming mundane now. First
time was a bit embarrassing. But you don't know the meaning of
embarrassment until it's a woman doctor snapping on the latex glove!
Even then, I've had at least two. You get used to it. My BIL, a doc in
Germany, says, you simply don't see the person, you see a medical
condition.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

In article ,
On 2012-12-14, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Try telling that to any scuba diver who's in the water for more than an
hour - even in warm waters I struggled to avoid peeing in my wetsuit...

Why avoid it? Hell, in my original club we even had a signal which meant
"I have just peed in my wetsuit and it's lovely."

Because the wetsuits stink if you don't wash them out afterwards...

Yes, I know. I dived for ~15 years. And if you dive in the sea and don't
wash them out afterwards, they stink anyway.

In cooler waters on longer dives (3 hours) in the dry suit it was fine
though - I have plumbing to the outside...

Not underwater, though. )

Yes - while underwater.

http://www.othree.co.uk/#!/p-valve-and-accessories-22/

Bloody hell. That's clever. I just had a p-zip on my drysuit, but whoever
fitted it must have thought my todger was about 18" long, judging from
where it was.

Oo-er, I don't like hearing about zips in close proximity to my willy.
Remember Ben Stiller in the movie There's Something About Mary: "We've
got a bleeder!"

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MM" wrote in message

My BIL, a doc in
Germany, says, you simply don't see the person, you see a medical
condition.

That philosophy certainly served the suqareheads well at Dachau and
Treblinka.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 01:12:28 -0800 (PST), Chris Holmes
wrote:

On 13 Dec, 20:31, "ARW" wrote:
[...]

So why not get into bed alone, say five minutes before your
wife/partner, lie on your right, have said fart, then waft the duvet
about a bit, then call out "Ducky, it's safe to come in now!"

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:32:16 +0000, MM wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:17:38 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
On 13/12/2012 20:31, ARW wrote:
[...]

You wait until it's a woman (and it has been, two out of three times)
with a bloody great needle up your bum, taking ten needle biopsies each
time.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2012-12-14, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Try telling that to any scuba diver who's in the water for more than an
hour - even in warm waters I struggled to avoid peeing in my wetsuit...

Why avoid it? Hell, in my original club we even had a signal which meant
"I have just peed in my wetsuit and it's lovely."

Because the wetsuits stink if you don't wash them out afterwards...

Yes, I know. I dived for ~15 years. And if you dive in the sea and don't
wash them out afterwards, they stink anyway.

In cooler waters on longer dives (3 hours) in the dry suit it was fine
though - I have plumbing to the outside...

Not underwater, though. )

Yes - while underwater.

http://www.othree.co.uk/#!/p-valve-and-accessories-22/

Bloody hell. That's clever. I just had a p-zip on my drysuit, but whoever
fitted it must have thought my todger was about 18" long, judging from
where it was.

You mean your todger isn't 18" long?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/12/2012 20:37, Phil L wrote:
ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when
the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the
toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5
seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries.
An old army joke was to carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand into a
bucket of warm water and when the water went cold, the soldier would wet the
bed

Apparently Mythbusters disproved it

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...ep-urinate.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On 14 Dec 2012 17:05:38 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

You wait until it's a woman (and it has been, two out of three times)
with a bloody great needle up your bum, taking ten needle biopsies each
time.

Ooh, ow! Stoppit, missus!

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 14, 3:25*pm, MM wrote:
What a ruddy stupid gimmick! I wonder how much Reading council tax
payers paid for that PoS? Imagine if you were inside taking a slash
and the computer decided to sink back into the pavement.

Erm, you never go 'inside' - it's a three-man urinal and you stand
outside in full view to use it (not that I've ever used one myself,
but I understand the principle).

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/