Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Titian Drill Chuck

Hello,

I have a 1100W corded Titian hammer drill I bought from Screwfix a few years ago. The keyed chuck does not hold drill bits properly now when drilling through anything a bit tough. I think this is due to wear of the chuck. I believe that generic spare chucks for drills are available, so I tried to remove the old chuck as a first step towards fixing the drill. I seemed to remember reading that to remove a chuck one opens it all the way, which reveals the retaining grub-screw. I can not find such a grub-screw for this chuck.

I have looked at a couple of other, smaller, drills I have and can easily find their screw. But for the Titian, nothing. I did try to unscrew the body of the drill to see if the chuck could be removed that way, and count myself very, very, lucky I only opened it slightly and was able to reassemble it again (so many cogs!).

Does anyone have any suggestions about the chuck?

TIA

drill chuck Max Woodworking 0 November 16th 06 11:04 PM
4 jaw drill chuck? Jeff Metalworking 2 August 4th 05 10:42 PM
Drill Chuck / Lathe Chuck - Drill Press Question [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 29th 05 01:07 AM
Need help in removing drill chuck from Sears Reversible Variable Speed Hand Drill Roger Hull Metalworking 10 January 22nd 05 10:48 AM
help with drill chuck SamTheCat Woodworking 7 March 29th 04 06:35 PM