Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT DVDs for abusive relationships!!

Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong anecdotal
evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife, plus innuendo
that he's poisoning her since she's become weaker and is more of a
recluse in the past year or so!! The wife's mother has her head firmly
in the sand and living on a different planet.

So any ideas of appropriate film titles of where there's a dominant male
abusing his rather weak wife? To send the couple and/or the wife's
mother for Christmas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message

Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong anecdotal
evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife, plus innuendo that
he's poisoning her since she's become weaker and is more of a recluse in
the past year or so!! The wife's mother has her head firmly in the sand
and living on a different planet.

So any ideas of appropriate film titles of where there's a dominant male
abusing his rather weak wife? To send the couple and/or the wife's mother
for Christmas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7nP6wXy90

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Fredxx wrote:
On 03/12/2012 19:21, polygonum wrote:
On 03/12/2012 19:05, Another John wrote:
In article , Fredxx
wrote:

Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong
anecdotal evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife,
plus innuendo that he's poisoning her since she's become weaker
and is more of a recluse in the past year or so!! The wife's
mother has her head firmly in the sand and living on a different
planet.

So any ideas of appropriate film titles of where there's a
dominant male abusing his rather weak wife? To send the couple
and/or the wife's mother for Christmas?

Bugger that: I'd go to my local Citizen's Advice Bureau and ask
their opinion on what I ought to do.

J.

Giving such a DVD could seriously aggravate the situation. In fact,
it could be seen as abusive in itself.

Couldn't disagree more in this case, and can't see that by itself it
would be abusive. More's the point to highlight issues, especially to
the mother.

Maybe the Mother is as thick as pig **** (my Mother is as thick as pig ****)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The idea of getting the mother to understand makes some sense, but
cannot get my head around sending it to the couple without possibly
precipitating problems - at least not without knowing an awful lot more.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 3, 6:57*pm, Fredxx wrote:
Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong anecdotal
evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife, plus innuendo
that he's poisoning her since she's become weaker and is more of a
recluse in the past year or so!! *The wife's mother has her head firmly
in the sand and living on a different planet.

So any ideas of appropriate film titles of where there's a dominant male
abusing his rather weak wife? *To send the couple and/or the wife's
mother for Christmas?

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0087010/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2012 19:56, Tim+ wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong anecdotal
evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife,

in english please? Do you mean "abuse OF the wife BY the husband"?

Tim

Apologies, translation: Yep, abuse of the wife by the husband.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2012 19:48, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 03/12/2012 19:01, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Fredxx" wrote in message

Unusual request; but I know of a couple where there's strong anecdotal
evidence of mental abuse of the husband over the wife, plus innuendo
that
he's poisoning her since she's become weaker and is more of a recluse in
the past year or so!! The wife's mother has her head firmly in the sand
and living on a different planet.

So any ideas of appropriate film titles of where there's a dominant male
abusing his rather weak wife? To send the couple and/or the wife's
mother
for Christmas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7nP6wXy90

I had heard of this film but feel its a bit dated!!

Incidentally the link says 1945 but most sources date this to be 1944.

Curses!

This one could be better?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-iCeMRAqE0

LOL - quite an appropriate plot!!