Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replace eurolock handles.

The handles on the CR Smith uPVC doors on the mother-in-law's house are now
loose (after 20 years). If the doors were wooden then I know I can fix them
but aluminium is a daft material for windows and doors - so hard to repair.

The handles are held by two bolts from the inside which now spin and won't
tighten. I guess the nuts are bedded in plastic and have lost their grip.
I need to take an small Allen key over as the handle is fixed with an Allen
screw to to spindle.

Where can I buy handle sets with two bolts - Screwfix seem to have only 4
bolt sets?

(I know how to change a Euro lock - YouTube is full of videos on that.
Perhaps the handle assembly is not standardised?)

Geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/12 17:00, Geoff Pearson wrote:
The handles on the CR Smith uPVC doors on the mother-in-law's house are
now loose (after 20 years). If the doors were wooden then I know I can
fix them but aluminium is a daft material for windows and doors - so
hard to repair.

The handles are held by two bolts from the inside which now spin and
won't tighten. I guess the nuts are bedded in plastic and have lost
their grip. I need to take an small Allen key over as the handle is
fixed with an Allen screw to to spindle.

Where can I buy handle sets with two bolts - Screwfix seem to have only
4 bolt sets?

(I know how to change a Euro lock - YouTube is full of videos on that.
Perhaps the handle assembly is not standardised?)

Geoff

There as a number of sites that sell them. You have to know the various
measurements as explained on the site. If it quite old, you'll have
trouble getting one to match.

https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/hand...c-door-handles

Andy C

Which Eurolock? PeterC UK diy 8 July 3rd 12 01:57 PM
Wiki: Replace a eurolock cylinder NT[_2_] UK diy 23 January 30th 12 01:03 PM
Eurolock turning, but not locking Kostas Kavoussanakis UK diy 18 September 29th 09 08:34 PM
secure replacement eurolock Jim[_6_] UK diy 5 December 13th 07 08:29 PM
Eurolock / locksmith visit was required Colin Wilson UK diy 21 February 20th 06 05:36 PM