Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default radiator air vent O rings - source?

the type with the white plastic "nozzle"

similar to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303

Anyone point me to a source for the O rings?

Cheers
Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 17, 4:22*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

the type with the white plastic "nozzle"

similar to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303

Anyone point me to a source for the O rings?

PTFE

er as used on threads....?

I'd prefer O rings

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2012 16:19, Jim K wrote:
the type with the white plastic "nozzle"

similar to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303

Anyone point me to a source for the O rings?

Any supplier needs to know the OD or ID, the material diameter and what
material they are made from. If you need a fair number, I can recommend
these people:

http://www.grommets.co.uk/

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2012 16:25, Jim K wrote:
On Nov 17, 4:22 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

the type with the white plastic "nozzle"

similar to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303

Anyone point me to a source for the O rings?

PTFE

er as used on threads....?

Indeed, you can get a thread seal on them - 10 - 15 turns on the maind
thread, bunching a bit toward the flange.

I'd prefer O rings

Take your pick:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225pc-Rubb...item3a6fcc1143

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 17, 4:19*pm, Jim K wrote:
the type with the white plastic "nozzle"

similar to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303

Anyone point me to a source for the O rings?

Cheers
Jim K

This is a radiator plug with air vent. Most don't have an O ring and
are just sealed with jointing paste or PTFE tape.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
On Nov 17, 4:22 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

the type with the white plastic "nozzle"

similar to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290640492303

Anyone point me to a source for the O rings?

PTFE

er as used on threads....?

I'd prefer O rings

Okay.