Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External insulation

Some 1920/30s council houses near me are being externally clad in Kingspan
and then rendered with something. The appearance is good but I am wondering
how it will cope the a bit of rough treatment. I haven't seen the rendering
being done so I don't know if it has any special poperties.
If it works it could be a good way of improving the u value of the walls.
It will soon be time for some of the tennants to afix their illuminated
Santas unless they have been prohibited.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 3, 2:19*pm, DerbyBorn wrote:
Some 1920/30s council houses near me are being externally clad in Kingspan
and then rendered with something. The appearance is good but I am wondering
how it will cope the a bit of rough treatment. I haven't seen the rendering
being done so I don't know if it has any special poperties.
If it works it could be a good way of improving the u value of the walls.
It will soon be time for some of the tennants to afix their illuminated
Santas unless they have been prohibited.

There have been some dodgy systems about in the past. I think they
have improved a lot these days.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:

Ha! The supermarkets have had Christmas food on sale since the middle of
October.

Indeed they have. However, oddly, not all the "best before" dates
last until Xmas.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, November 3, 2012 2:19:57 PM UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Some 1920/30s council houses near me are being externally clad in Kingspan

and then rendered with something. The appearance is good but I am wondering

how it will cope the a bit of rough treatment. I haven't seen the rendering

being done so I don't know if it has any special poperties.

If it works it could be a good way of improving the u value of the walls.

It will soon be time for some of the tennants to afix their illuminated

Santas unless they have been prohibited.

Many houses around here being done recently - looks like some private landlords or Council doing them in bulk. As I drive past, looks like 50mm pink insulation - I had some of that from seconds&co but cannot remember the manufacturer. Presumably being rendered over with mesh and a plasticized render..
I'll walk past sometime and give it a poke. Hopefully my finger won't get stuck !
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 05/11/12 13:22, John Williamson wrote:
ARW wrote:
I saw the first Xmas decorations on Friday morning - possibly a test
ready for the December celebrations but knowing that estate then
probably not.

Ha! The supermarkets have had Christmas food on sale since the middle of
October.

I bought mince pies in Waitrose last week, half price because the sell
by date was 1 November.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]