Tim Mitchell

Default Last nights Property Ladder

I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?
--
Tim Mitchell
Grunff

Tim Mitchell wrote:

I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?

Mmmmm....Beeeeeeny...

He hadn't sold it by the end of the program.

--
Grunff

Colin M

And what toffee nosed sloanies the estate agents were!

Colin M

Ed Rear

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?
--
Tim Mitchell

I thought it was a let down, not telling us whether he sold it or not.
Surely that's the whole point of the programme? It was interesting though.
He obviously doesn't read this NG, he could have saved a lot of grief.
Ed

No-one

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:00:58 -0000, "Ed Rear"
wrote:

I thought it was a let down, not telling us whether he sold it or not.
Surely that's the whole point of the programme? It was interesting though.
He obviously doesn't read this NG, he could have saved a lot of grief.
Ed

I thought it said he hadn't sold it yet (whether that was the time
the programme was made or the present wasn't clear, but I suspect the
present).

Witchy

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:34:48 +0000, Tim Mitchell
wrote:

I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?

No, and probably not. I don't think he deserves to either, the idiot.
Still, that wouldn't have made 'good telly' would it.

Don't like Beeny either, but that's probably just me.
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Tim Mitchell

In article , Ed Rear
writes

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?
--
Tim Mitchell

I thought it was a let down, not telling us whether he sold it or not.
Surely that's the whole point of the programme? It was interesting though.
He obviously doesn't read this NG, he could have saved a lot of grief.
Ed

They normally do tell, so presumably he had not sold it then.

He seemed the type to ignore all advice, even from experts he was paying
to give advice, so uk.d-i-y would probably not have helped either. Was a
good lesson in how not to get on with your neighbours. 2 grand to dig a
test hole in their garden?!
--
Tim Mitchell
Wanderer

wrote:

I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?

No, and probably not. I don't think he deserves to either, the idiot.
Still, that wouldn't have made 'good telly' would it.

Yup, a complete dipstick. Went against all the good advice, I got the
feeling he knew what he was at, and was actually trying it on to see if
he could get away without following all the legal requirements, etc.

Don't like Beeny either, but that's probably just me.

AOL! Wobbly tits, an at times peculiar and inappropriate dress sense and
a condescending attitude don't make a good TV presenter AFAIC.

No-one

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:25:41 +0000, Wanderer
wrote:

and a condescending attitude don't make a good TV presenter AFAIC.

Bit difficult not to be condescending when dealing with total
plonkers.

Tim Mitchell

In article , Wanderer
writes

wrote:

I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?

No, and probably not. I don't think he deserves to either, the idiot.
Still, that wouldn't have made 'good telly' would it.

Yup, a complete dipstick. Went against all the good advice, I got the
feeling he knew what he was at, and was actually trying it on to see if
he could get away without following all the legal requirements, etc.

Don't like Beeny either, but that's probably just me.

AOL! Wobbly tits, an at times peculiar and inappropriate dress sense and
a condescending attitude don't make a good TV presenter AFAIC.

I think they must look out for people who are going to go against all
her advice to make the programme more interesting, cos they are all like
that to some extent. I've never seen one where they follow her advice.

--
Tim Mitchell
Nick Brooks

Wanderer wrote:

AOL! Wobbly tits, an at times peculiar and inappropriate dress sense and
a condescending attitude don't make a good TV presenter AFAIC.

Many male presenters on Tv would fail this test too. I think she does a
pretty good job and considering how stupid many new devolpers can be, I
don't know how she manages to remain so calm.

Mungo Henning

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message

Many male presenters on Tv would fail this test too. I think she does a
pretty good job and considering how stupid many new devolpers can be, I
don't know how she manages to remain so calm.

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could wire a
house and plumb it
too ... any telly producers want to challenge her to prove it (anyone know
her credentials)?

Mungo

Angela

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside

she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could

wire a
house and plumb it
too ... any telly producers want to challenge her to prove it

(anyone know
her credentials)?

Mungo

I think they should buy 2 terraced houses next door to one another -
give a novice one, Ms Beeney the other and give them the same amount
of money - then see how much more profit she makes!

Roger Mills

Wanderer wrote:

AOL! Wobbly tits, an at times peculiar and inappropriate dress sense and
a condescending attitude don't make a good TV presenter AFAIC.

Many male presenters on Tv would fail this test too.

I haven't seen many with wobbly tits though! g

Tim Mitchell wrote:
In article , Wanderer

AOL! Wobbly tits, an at times peculiar and inappropriate dress sense and
a condescending attitude don't make a good TV presenter AFAIC.

I think they must look out for people who are going to go against all
her advice to make the programme more interesting, cos they are all like
that to some extent. I've never seen one where they follow her advice.

From what I've seen of previous programs it would make very little
difference whether they followed her advice or not. Nearly all of the
gains have simply been down to property price rises, if they'd done
nothing they'd probably have made a profit.

--
Chris Green )
mich

"Angela" wrote in message

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside

she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could

wire a
house and plumb it
too ... any telly producers want to challenge her to prove it

(anyone know
her credentials)?

Mungo

I think they should buy 2 terraced houses next door to one another -
give a novice one, Ms Beeney the other and give them the same amount
of money - then see how much more profit she makes!

Now that would be interesting. I wonder if the power bods from the TV read
this board like they seem to read UK gardening?

mich

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

I haven't seen many with wobbly tits though! g

They all wobble ( as do many other bits which are less visable , gentlemen
please note , because most woment do! They are certainly not commenting on
your face when they say they like your cheeks!)
Carrying all before as she does is not easy.

Nick Brooks

Angela wrote:
"Mungo Henning" wrote in message

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside

she is

screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could

wire a

house and plumb it
too ... any telly producers want to challenge her to prove it

(anyone know

her credentials)?

Mungo

I think they should buy 2 terraced houses next door to one another -
give a novice one, Ms Beeney the other and give them the same amount
of money - then see how much more profit she makes!

It's not just about profit - timescale is equally important if you're
doing it as a business.

Nick

Owain

"Tim Mitchell" wrote
| He seemed the type to ignore all advice, even from experts he was
| paying to give advice, so uk.d-i-y would probably not have helped
| either. Was a good lesson in how not to get on with your neighbours.
| 2 grand to dig a test hole in their garden?!

And that was *before* he converted the downstairs flat to uninhabitable
dereliction! If I'd been the downstairs neighbour he'd have been bacnkrupt
or kneecapped by the end of the programme.

Owain

Owain

"Witchy" wrote
| Tim Mitchell wrote:
| did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
| money on it?
| No, and probably not. I don't think he deserves to either, the idiot.
| Still, that wouldn't have made 'good telly' would it.

I wonder how answered a prospective purchaser's standard enquiry "have you
had any dispute with your neighbours" ...

And was that another internal staircase without a handrail? (I mean right at
the very end, not during the build where he had the staircase without any
railing off of the floor opening)

Owain

PoP

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:03:56 -0000, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

I haven't seen many with wobbly tits though! g

Gentlemen, please! This isn't the Lounge of the Star and Garter pub.
And I'm sure the (too few) ladies amongst us might get the wrong idea
about what our male minds focus on.

Tsk.

PoP
David W.E. Roberts

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the finished
result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen for it) & the
valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any
money on it?
--
Tim Mitchell

Dear me there has been some bitching on this thread.

I thought all you unemployed IT people doing up property would have felt a
real sense of comradeship for another poor soul going through the mill!
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
No, hang on a minute, he was in IT sales.
Does me good just thinking about it.
He set totally unrealistic timescales and budget, and completely ignored
legal requirements with the implementation plan.
The he had to deliver :-)))))))
It must be the first time in his life he has had to deliver on his
unrealistic promises, instead of walking away with a fat commision and
leaving the PBI with the problems.
He ended up giving up his flat, selling his TVR, spending his savings, and
facing the prospect of making between £500 and £35,000 for 15 months work.
Can't run a TVR on that, mate :-))))

Blokes I feel sorry for were the Eastern European builders who were working
all hours and sleeping in the van on a fixed price contract.
Sort of bricks&mortar version of a software house, I guess.

Yep - hope he made a loss.
Hangings to good for him, flog him first etc.

Bitter, moi?

Cheers
Dave R

Paul Mc Cann

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:39:32 +0000 (UTC), "Mungo Henning"
wrote:

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message

Many male presenters on Tv would fail this test too. I think she does a
pretty good job and considering how stupid many new devolpers can be, I
don't know how she manages to remain so calm.

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could wire a
house and plumb it
too ... any telly producers want to challenge her to prove it (anyone know
her credentials)?

Mungo

Her own accomodation was on view when she was the judge in 'Britains
Finest House' , or somesuch, last year.

It was bit of a mess ISTR. They only had one room really finished and
the rest looked like a building site.

Shoemaker's daughter syndrome I suppose.

You have to bear in mind that these people do their voice-overs with
100% hindsight. So if at the endof the programme the potential
customers express concern or dislike at some particular feature it is
very easy for the editor to cut in some pithy comment of hers at an
earlier stage in the programme.

She can be a little bit of a PITA but not as bad as that supercilious
female who dresses a la the 1950's and tries to emulate the strangled
vowels of that utter **** Lloyd Grossman in her makeover programme
whose name I dis-remember.

The only sane one of the lot is Kevin Mc Cloud (sp). He is never
nasty/overbearing or supercilious with his guests.

Paul Mc Cann
Lobster

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message ...
"Nick Brooks" wrote in message

Many male presenters on Tv would fail this test too. I think she does a
pretty good job and considering how stupid many new devolpers can be, I
don't know how she manages to remain so calm.

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.

Yeah, that's where she cocks her head slightly to one side, looks up
at the dipstick from under her eyelashes, and says "I think that..."
You can almost hear the screaming, can't you!

David
Witchy

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:49:35 +0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

She can be a little bit of a PITA but not as bad as that supercilious
female who dresses a la the 1950's and tries to emulate the strangled
vowels of that utter **** Lloyd Grossman in her makeover programme
whose name I dis-remember.

oh gawd, Anne "paint everything cream" Maurice. If there's one
presenter that *Really* gets on my tits its her. Oh, and that Dawna
woman from life laundry. I stopped watching most programmes like that
many moons ago and moved onto 'how clean is your home' instead

The only sane one of the lot is Kevin Mc Cloud (sp). He is never
nasty/overbearing or supercilious with his guests.

And it's sometimes funny to watch his face when he knows something
stupid and/or disastrous is about to happen!
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Witchy

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:29:45 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

snippage

No, hang on a minute, he was in IT sales.
Does me good just thinking about it.

)) Not just me then!

I think its about time I stopped watching it I think - when stuff gets
me annoyed on a weekly basis it's time to move on, much like when that
Laura and Oliver twin are doing the changing rooms malarky and you
just KNOW their stuff isn't going to be liked.

Half the time I reckon the producers watch what the people who's rooms
are being done say what they don't like then make sure it gets done so
it'll make 'good telly'
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Owain

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote
| She can be a little bit of a PITA but not as bad as that
| supercilious female who dresses a la the 1950's and tries
| to emulate the strangled vowels of that utter **** Lloyd
| Grossman in her makeover programme whose name I dis-remember.

"heurpfully" you are talking about Linda Barker, who I think is advertising
price cuts (wave scissors, so imaginative) for Currys or someone, and also
selling sofas with a voice-over by Andrew Lincoln.

Owain

Anna Kettle

Well I'm wildly jealous of Sarah Beeny who has a sexy body and can
wire and plumb a house. When they showed her own house I thought the
one madeover room had great style. A large bathroom with two baths
head to foot in the middle

Though the director's addition of champagne I thought a bit
impractical in a steamy room.

Anna
Wanderer

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:39:32 +0000 (UTC), Mungo Henning wrote:

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message

Many male presenters on Tv would fail this test too. I think she does a
pretty good job and considering how stupid many new devolpers can be, I
don't know how she manages to remain so calm.

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could wire a
house and plumb it
too ...

Saying she's done it doesn't mean she made a good job of it.
Chris J Dixon

Paul Mc Cann wrote:

She can be a little bit of a PITA but not as bad as that supercilious
female who dresses a la the 1950's and tries to emulate the strangled
vowels of that utter **** Lloyd Grossman in her makeover programme
whose name I dis-remember.

Naomi Cleaver in "Other Peoples Houses"

Spends her time looking down her nose at how the other half live.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
John Laird

wrote:

I haven't seen many with wobbly tits though! g

Gentlemen, please! This isn't the Lounge of the Star and Garter pub.

It isn't ? Ballcocks, got the wrong newsgroup...

And I'm sure the (too few) ladies amongst us might get the wrong idea
about what our male minds focus on.

You are joking, right. I don't think there's a woman born who hasn't
intuitively understood the workings of a man's mind. (And conversely, no
man understands a woman.)

F: You're looking at her boobs, aren't you ?
M: (shocked) No, of course not, you know since I met you...
F: Don't lie, I saw you.
M: (thinks: why'd you &^%$ing ask then) Sorry, dear. You look nice
tonight, new hair-cut ?

--
All answers questioned here.

Mail john rather than nospam...
BillR

Tim Mitchell wrote:
I missed the very end of Property Ladder last night, I saw the
finished result (don't understand why he had to buy a plasma screen
for it) & the valuations, but did he actually sell it in the end, and
did he make any money on it?

The guy was a complete ******.
I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't sold it and has ended up living there.
He hadn't a clue about making a profit, he just made the place what he would
like.

And, he wasn't really and IT bod. He'd been a parastic IT salesman....

Mark S.

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:03:36 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Tim Mitchell" wrote
| He seemed the type to ignore all advice, even from experts he was
| paying to give advice, so uk.d-i-y would probably not have helped
| either. Was a good lesson in how not to get on with your neighbours.
| 2 grand to dig a test hole in their garden?!

And that was *before* he converted the downstairs flat to uninhabitable
dereliction! If I'd been the downstairs neighbour he'd have been bacnkrupt
or kneecapped by the end of the programme.

Owain

The neighbour they interviewed looked the moaning type anyway.
Look like Laurence big cuffs brother too.

I bet he was sat looking at the party wall agreement on his
mantelpiece refusing to sign it just to be difficult and he got his
reward for holding up the work. ;-)

The guy doing the program was still a nob though. ;-)

Mark S.

John W

"Owain" wrote in message
"Tim Mitchell" wrote
| He seemed the type to ignore all advice, even from experts he was
| paying to give advice, so uk.d-i-y would probably not have helped
| either. Was a good lesson in how not to get on with your neighbours.
| 2 grand to dig a test hole in their garden?!

That was very useful information - I know someone that on that "advice"
managed to extract £1000 from some builders yesterday cos they had messed up
and needed to dig a trench in the front garden.

mich

wrote:

The neighbour they interviewed looked the moaning type anyway.
Look like Laurence big cuffs brother too.

I bet he was sat looking at the party wall agreement on his
mantelpiece refusing to sign it just to be difficult and he got his
reward for holding up the work. ;-)

Yes I thought that! To that extent the twit upstairs had my sympathy.
However, if he did move in and live there, they wouldnt spoil another pair
of neighbours would they?

The guy doing the program was still a nob though. ;-)

Some things never change

PoP

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:33:47 +0000, John Laird
wrote:

You are joking, right.

Bugger. My disguise has worn thru

PoP

PoP

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:24:13 -0000, "BillR"
wrote:

And, he wasn't really and IT bod. He'd been a parastic IT salesman....

Some of them can no doubt be classified as parasitic without fear of
the trades descriptions act.

However I have worked with and seen "real" IT salespeople in action.
They are a marvel to watch as they guide the client towards spending
all that money they didn't mean to spend

PoP

Property Ladder Mark S. UK diy 4 October 9th 03 11:47 PM
Preparing for masonry paint David UK diy 3 September 19th 03 05:51 PM
Buying a ladder Mark Atherton UK diy 0 August 27th 03 06:13 PM
Fitting A Loft Ladder Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 06:10 PM