Witchy

Default Last nights Property Ladder

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:18:05 +0000, PoP
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:24:13 -0000, "BillR"
wrote:

And, he wasn't really and IT bod. He'd been a parastic IT salesman....

Some of them can no doubt be classified as parasitic without fear of
the trades descriptions act.

However I have worked with and seen "real" IT salespeople in action.
They are a marvel to watch as they guide the client towards spending
all that money they didn't mean to spend

Yeah, and back when I was a consultant and support engineer I had to
make into reality what the ****ty salescritter had said would work, so
I did the long hours while the salecritter spent his bonus. ****s.

*cough*
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Angela

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
I think they should buy 2 terraced houses next door to one

another -
give a novice one, Ms Beeney the other and give them the same

amount
of money - then see how much more profit she makes!

It's not just about profit - timescale is equally important if

you're
doing it as a business.

Nick

Maybe they should have to take a fixed weekly salary from the money
they get given too.............then the longer they take the less
money they have. Also any money left over could count towards the
profit

Angela

RichardS

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
Well I'm wildly jealous of Sarah Beeny who has a sexy body and can
wire and plumb a house. When they showed her own house I thought the
one madeover room had great style. A large bathroom with two baths
head to foot in the middle

Though the director's addition of champagne I thought a bit
impractical in a steamy room.

Anna

Oh, I dunno. Chilled champagne of a decent vintage is best consumed in a
steamy room, IMHO.... :-)

Richard

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

BillR

wrote:

And, he wasn't really and IT bod. He'd been a parastic IT
salesman....

Some of them can no doubt be classified as parasitic without fear of
the trades descriptions act.

However I have worked with and seen "real" IT salespeople in action.
They are a marvel to watch as they guide the client towards spending
all that money they didn't mean to spend

PoP

I worked with IT salesmen for many years and it was a joy to watch them :-)
A couple of them had started their career selling hoovers to Glaswegian
tenement residents, so were very hard sellers.
I always asked them beforehand to tell me the lies first so I would not
burst out laughing in front of the customers ...
They could sell sand to arabs ... and indeed one went on to do just that...

R W

mich wrote:
"Angela" wrote in message

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message

I think Ms Beeny is being very diplomatic when on camera - inside

she is
screaming at
the naiive renovators.
But no-one has mentioned that she said last night that she could

wire a
house and plumb it
too ... any telly producers want to challenge her to prove it

(anyone know
her credentials)?

Mungo

I think they should buy 2 terraced houses next door to one another -
give a novice one, Ms Beeney the other and give them the same amount
of money - then see how much more profit she makes!

Now that would be interesting. I wonder if the power bods from the TV
read this board like they seem to read UK gardening?

She does do alright for herself....

http://www.tv-celebrity.co.uk/diy/sarah-beeny.htm

JS

It must be the first time in his life he has had to deliver on his
unrealistic promises, instead of walking away with a fat commision and
leaving the PBI with the problems.

Totally agree with the sentiment. Makes you wonder how he managed to
stay employed in IT for so long.
Stephen Gower

BillR wrote:

They could sell sand to arabs ... and indeed one went on to do just that...

The BCC were reporting the other week that there is a sand shortage
in Saudi:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3243623.stm

--
Selah
Toby

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Naomi Cleaver in "Other Peoples Houses"

Hmmm. I don't care if she can't plumb, she can totter round my house and
I'll teach her.

--
Toby.

PoP

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:45:37 -0000, "Toby"
wrote:

Hmmm. I don't care if she can't plumb, she can totter round my house and
I'll teach her.

Hmm, her Mum might not be pleased about the plumbing courses you
offer.....

PoP

Peter Taylor

Mark S wrote

I bet he was sat looking at the party wall agreement on his
mantelpiece refusing to sign it just to be difficult and he got his
reward for holding up the work. ;-)

This can't be right. If he was officially notified of the work as per the Party
Wall etc. Act, a strict timetable was in place and the neighbour has to appoint
a Party Wall Surveyor within a certain time. It is the Surveyor who agrees and
signs the Award, not the neighbour, so it must have been the Surveyor who was
holding things up. My guess is there was a lot more to this story than you
heard on the programme - the need for trial holes suggests there might have been
a structural problem with the party wall for instance.

If he had followed the rules properly instead of jumping the gun, he would
probably not have had so many problems. That's the real point of the Act.

Wasn't the guy they interviewed the bloke downstairs who had all the water
damage? I felt really sorry for him.

The guy doing the program was still a nob though. ;-)

Agreed. I thought Leon the architect was a bit of a wally as well. You didn't
get much info about the design stage and Planning & Building Regs approvals etc
so presumably that all went smoothly, but surely he should have advised the
bloke about Party Wall procedures? Then again, probably he was only instructed
to do half the job.

Peter

Dave Stanton

laughing in front of the customers ... They could sell sand to arabs ...
and indeed one went on to do just that...

Well come on !! Lets hear about it ...g

Dave

Property Ladder Mark S. UK diy 4 October 9th 03 11:47 PM
Preparing for masonry paint David UK diy 3 September 19th 03 05:51 PM
Buying a ladder Mark Atherton UK diy 0 August 27th 03 06:13 PM
Fitting A Loft Ladder Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 06:10 PM