Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apple ipads (again)

"brass monkey" wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
Jules Richardson wrote:

I expect Darren's talking about the big picture - yes, desktop UNIX
machines were around in the late '80s (e.g. Torch Triple-X, Whitechapel
MG-1) which gave you a GUI and some icons to click on, but they were
rather expensive in comparison to a PC running Windows, and you'd have
to have a very good reason to issue them to users.

Oh come come, Jules. A PC running Windows in the late 80s? Are you
Sirius? Would you actually have wanted to do that? Windows was ****e
until at least Win95, when they *finally* learnt to copy the Mac.

No it was win2000, when no dos was there. It was a toy Mickey mouse
setup. We asked it to anything except provide a window which apps running
on UNIX servers or mainframes ran inside. Other it would just fall over.

Take more water with it.

it's impressive that drivel claims that he was running Windows 2000 in the
late 80s. So not only does he claim to be a UNIX guru but he's also the
owner of a time machine.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo
al-september.org, Steve Firth escribió:

it's impressive that drivel claims that he was running Windows 2000 in the
late 80s. So not only does he claim to be a UNIX guru but he's also the
owner of a time machine.

Note how he's gone from "I" to "we" when talking about his fictional
Unix/Windows setup. Assuming it actually existed, it's likely the real
work was done by an expert and Drivel was merely the tea boy.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

it's impressive that drivel claims that he was running Windows 2000 in the
late 80s.

this man is qa fool. he is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Note how

this idiot lives in Wallasey. he does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:38:26 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Note how he's gone from "I" to "we" when talking about his fictional
Unix/Windows setup. Assuming it actually existed, it's likely the real
work was done by an expert and Drivel was merely the tea boy.

He was a tea guru, don't you know...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message

He was a tea guru, don't you know...

I did drink the odd high quality tea. Yep.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:55:06 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message

He was a tea guru, don't you know...

I did drink the odd high quality tea. Yep.

Was it tea with petrol in it? That might explain a lot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Jules Richardson jules.ric
escribió:

Was it tea with petrol in it? That might explain a lot.

Meths, more like.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:55:06 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message

He was a tea guru, don't you know...

I did drink the odd high quality tea. Yep.

Was it tea with petrol in it? That might explain a lot.

What grade of petrol do you put in your tea?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Was it tea with petrol in it? That might explain a lot.

Meths, more like.

It is coming out now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jules Richardson escribió:

Was it tea with petrol in it? That might explain a lot.

Meths, more like.

It is coming out now.

I'm sure your incontinence pads can cope.

Apple ipads (again) News UK diy 470 October 31st 12 01:31 PM
Will Apple sue God next? Hecho en China Home Repair 4 September 17th 12 03:59 PM
Apple Sherfey Woodturning 8 June 30th 05 03:49 AM
Apple Maxprop Woodturning 16 August 12th 04 06:11 AM
apple Reyd Woodturning 11 June 4th 04 08:30 PM