Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: Door

If John doesn't mind using this....

NT

What should I be looking for when purchasing interior doors? I need a
mixture of glazed and plain.

Depends what you are trying to achieve. Cheap egg box doors will fill the gap and keep the draft out, but look pretty lame.

Slightly posher egg box ones come in various styles of "panel" layout. Look a bit better. Still not much copy for a quality feel or for reducing sound transmission.

Real softwood for something to be painted that will look authentic and do a better job of keeping sound transmission down. Knotty pine carries more risk of warp than clear.

Engineered wood are quite a good all round option. Real hardwood faces,but stuck onto a MDF or similar mad made core. Hence dimensionally stable, and unlikely to warp or crack. Much better noise isolation.

Real hardwood if you want to spend the money.

Mid priced fire doors can be quite a cost effective way of getting a dense heavy door.

Used doors from architectural salvage yards are also an option.

doorbell wiki confusion / using switched mode PSU with door bell David Robinson UK diy 8 June 24th 11 12:07 AM
UK-D-I-Y Wiki Roger Mills[_2_] UK diy 18 May 22nd 11 09:53 PM
uk.d-i-y WIKI? Jason UK diy 3 January 18th 09 01:31 PM
Wiki: Oil [email protected] UK diy 63 January 3rd 09 09:49 AM
UK.d-i-y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 6 March 27th 07 01:03 PM