Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Lucky *******

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

WTF just happened?

I'm guessing the footage was from a following police car (cam too steady to
be hand held, time stamped footage and looked like the camera was on the
dash).

Was the truck trying to escape the police?

--
Tim Watts
Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-09-30 15:24:51 +0000, ARW said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to vault
gracefully through the missing windscreen.

E.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-09-30 15:24:51 +0000, ARW said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to vault
gracefully through the missing windscreen.

If he had been wearing a seat belt he would have been able to unbuckle it
and use the door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:57:24 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

WTF just happened?

This is Russia. They have lots of crazy stuff happening on the roads,
and because of this they have lots of dashcams.

Take a look at the videos on liveleak if you want more examples of
Russian dashcam videos. This one was on liveleak about a week ago.

Talking about this incident, I think the icing on the cake was the
head scratch at the end.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-09-30 15:24:51 +0000, ARW said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to vault

gracefully through the missing windscreen.

I knew a guy who, in his idiotic youth, had crashed a mini into a graden wall. He was chucked through the windscreen and landed in the bushes with minor srapes and bruises. The engine ended up in the driver's seat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:30:52 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to vault
gracefully through the missing windscreen.

If he had been wearing a seat belt he would have been able to unbuckle
it and use the door.

And get splatted along the side of the wagon, yeah great...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 30, 9:45*pm, Onetap wrote:
I knew a guy who, in his idiotic youth, had crashed a mini into a graden wall. He was chucked through the windscreen and landed in the bushes with minor srapes and bruises. The engine ended up in the driver's seat.

I went through a Hillman Imp screen when I was about six. Fortunately
for me, the driver had already made a sizable hole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:30:52 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to vault
gracefully through the missing windscreen.

If he had been wearing a seat belt he would have been able to unbuckle
it and use the door.

And get splatted along the side of the wagon, yeah great...

The drivers side was almost undamaged.
He was very lucky that he didn't land on his head when he was thrown out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-09-30 15:24:51 +0000, ARW said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19725840

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to
vault

gracefully through the missing windscreen.

I knew a guy who, in his idiotic youth, had crashed a mini into a
graden wall. He was chucked through the windscreen and landed in the
bushes with minor srapes and bruises. The engine ended up in the
driver's seat.

I knew a guy who understeered his motorbike off a road right towards a 6
ft wall.. He thought 'sod it' and opened the throttle wide.

He woke up with a broken collarbone in a thornbush 50 feet behind it.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"dennis@home" wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:30:52 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

If he had been wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been able to vault
gracefully through the missing windscreen.

If he had been wearing a seat belt he would have been able to unbuckle
it and use the door.

And get splatted along the side of the wagon, yeah great...

The drivers side was almost undamaged.
He was very lucky that he didn't land on his head when he was thrown out.

And he's lucky that the remnants of his truck didn't keep going and run
him over.

since it was the truck stopping that threw him out, its hard to see how
he could have been both thrown out and subsequently run over, unless
you or someone else jumped into the cab and rammed your foot on the
throttle after restarting the stalled engine,..

Now that WOULD have been unlucky.

A man jumped off a table today. Tim streater onbserved that 'he was
lucky he ended up on the ground, he could have gone into orbit and died
of decompression and lack of oxygen'

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

Oh give over. What I mean is that the truck could have had some residual
momentum, enough to take it over him. Obviously it had *mostly* slowed
down.

He isn't observant enough to notice the driver having to push himself
forwards to avoid the truck getting him.
He was probably on the booze again.

I owe this bastard one. ARWadsworth UK diy 26 August 28th 12 07:21 AM
Now that is one F****ing Cheeky Bastard ARWadsworth UK diy 98 October 10th 10 06:44 PM
OT Cheeky Bastard Pt2 ARWadsworth UK diy 349 July 18th 10 12:40 PM
OT Cheeky Bastard ARWadsworth UK diy 32 June 13th 10 01:02 PM
dirty bastard [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 3rd 06 10:26 PM