Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson DC01: fitting new belt

My nephew wrecked his DC01 by letting a sock enter the beater bar. It
jammed and the belt melted. I'm fitting a new one but I recall the motor
shaft being very smooth and polished - it is now rough Is my memory wrong
and it should be rough or am I right and I have to polish the shaft back to
smooth before fitting the new belt?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
My nephew wrecked his DC01 by letting a sock enter the beater bar. It
jammed and the belt melted. I'm fitting a new one but I recall the motor
shaft being very smooth and polished - it is now rough Is my memory
wrong and it should be rough or am I right and I have to polish the shaft
back to smooth before fitting the new belt?

I phoned Dyson - 24 hour helpline. It is meant to be smooth - polish with
emery paper.