Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Virgin media

Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10 less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 15:50:49 -0700 (PDT), Owain
wrote:

On Sep 9, 8:54*pm, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

http://lilytomlin.com/wordpress/wp-c...5534248932.jpg

Owain

Genuine picture apparently. You provide a caption.
http://rabstaff.99k.org/operator.jpg

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sep 9, 8:54 pm, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

http://lilytomlin.com/wordpress/wp-c...5534248932.jpg

Owain

Genuine picture apparently. You provide a caption.
http://rabstaff.99k.org/operator.jpg

'You can imagine how disappointed I was..'

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10
less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

Don't worry. They'll be screwing you in short order, once the introductory
offers finish.

--
*Geeks shall inherit the earth *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

We advised ViginMedia via their website that we were moving and wanted
to transfer services to our new address on the date of the move.
Confirmation received.

Got to new house - nothing. Being without landline and internet was a
right pain for the weeks it took to sort out.

Rung up to play hell with them and this is what they said:

"Just because we sent you a confirmation doesn't mean we got your
We advised ViginMedia via their website that we were moving and wanted
to transfer services to our new address on the date of the move.
Confirmation received.

Got to new house - nothing. *Being without landline and internet was a
right pain for the weeks it took to sort out.

Rung up to play hell with them and this is what they said:

"Just because we sent you a confirmation doesn't mean we got your
I was with Virgin. Every time I rang them I had different advice/
conflicting information. Gave up on them in the end.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10
less.

and once you move in they will deny all knowledge of any of that.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10 less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

The Superhub is an appalling piece of kit. Keep your old router, set the
Superhub to modem only mode and you'll be much happier :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
On Sep 10, 8:46*am, mike wrote:
We advised ViginMedia via their website that we were moving and wanted
to transfer services to our new address on the date of the move.
Confirmation received.

Got to new house - nothing. *Being without landline and internet was a
right pain for the weeks it took to sort out.

Rung up to play hell with them and this is what they said:

"Just because we sent you a confirmation doesn't mean we got your
I was with Virgin. Every time I rang them I had different advice/
conflicting information. Gave up on them in the end.

Very fortunately I know one of their engineers, a proper one, not a
monkey. So I tend to go to him for sensible advice. I won't quote what
he says about their call centre apart from that it isn't exactly
complimentary.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1160534 20120910 192907 Simon Finnigan wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10 less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

The Superhub is an appalling piece of kit. Keep your old router, set the
Superhub to modem only mode and you'll be much happier :-)

Yes, I did that the day it was installed.
I asked the installing "engineer" to do it and he said he had - but he hadn't
done it properly so I did it myself.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2012 19:29, Simon Finnigan wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10 less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

The Superhub is an appalling piece of kit. Keep your old router, set the
Superhub to modem only mode and you'll be much happier :-)

+1 (see the recent "VM modem reset ? (bit OT)" thread

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10 less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

The Superhub is an appalling piece of kit. Keep your old router, set the
Superhub to modem only mode and you'll be much happier :-)

Yes, I did that the day it was installed.
I asked the installing "engineer" to do it and he said he had - but he hadn't
done it properly so I did it myself.

Just had my cable replaced, and the engineer smirked when he saw the
Superhub in modem mode connected to all my micro servers etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message ...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10
less.

and once you move in they will deny all knowledge of any of that.

Kinda heartwarming to see the stitching up of someone who mercilessly
profits from others (Cordless doorbells outdone...)