Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Finnigan Simon Finnigan is offline

Default Virgin media

Bob Martin wrote:
in 1160534 20120910 192907 Simon Finnigan wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Moving on the 14th, spoke to Virgin.

They are connecting us up FOC in new house.

I moaned about the alleged 20meg broadband, they upgraded it to 30meg.

They are supplying a new super duper hub thingy that includes wi fi.

They are reducing the monthly bill by £15 for 6 months, then it's £10 less.

She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Didn't have the front to ask for a blow job...

The Superhub is an appalling piece of kit. Keep your old router, set the
Superhub to modem only mode and you'll be much happier :-)

Yes, I did that the day it was installed.
I asked the installing "engineer" to do it and he said he had - but he hadn't
done it properly so I did it myself.

Just had my cable replaced, and the engineer smirked when he saw the
Superhub in modem mode connected to all my micro servers etc.