Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Non-contact Infrared thermometer

Looking to buy an infrared thermometer without breaking the bank and
also without knowing exactly what I'm looking at - for instance, what
is "emissivity" and does it need to be adjustable?

I'm sure that these are the sort of things that are bought for one
purpose but actually end up being used for dozens of things and I'm
sure I'll find loads of uses for it, but my main use at the moment
would be to monitor temperatures of GPUs and CPUs on laptop
motherboards.

I live about a mile away from CPC in Preston and have seen this one for
£43 inc VAT:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...ml&sku=IN05457

or http://tinyurl.com/bp2p5wd

Anyone have experience of them? Good? Bad? Anything better for
absolutely no more than £60, but preferably £50 or less?

TIA