Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Cee Simon Cee is offline

Default Non-contact Infrared thermometer

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:22:41 +0100, Dave wrote:

I live about a mile away from CPC in Preston and have seen this one for
£43 inc VAT:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...ml&sku=IN05457

or http://tinyurl.com/bp2p5wd

Anyone have experience of them? Good? Bad? Anything better for
absolutely no more than £60, but preferably £50 or less?

Have a look at www.chinavision.com

2 types, £10 or £16. I've otrdered a few bits from them, decent
quality and cheap cheap cheap.

Chinese sense of humour too...
If I use this IR thermometer to take someone's temperature, will they
feel anything?
No, absolutely nothing. They will not even know you are taking their
temperature.
Is this thermometer safe?
Yes. This thermometer uses infrared to read temperatures, which is
perfectly safe. Just make sure that you don't shine the laser into
anyone's eye! If you want to measure the temperature of someone's eye,
please use a different device.

http://www.chinavasion.com/qsh5/
Advanced Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer with Laser Targeting and
Emissivity Adjustment

http://www.chinavasion.com/wwgh/
Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer with Laser Targeting/LCD Display