Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And you thought I was mad for using petrol in the garden

Firefighters responded to an explosion at a house in Mosgiel,
New Zealand. The explosion was so forceful that it shot a candle from
the home into a car across the street -- smashing it through its
window. The cause: two teens were "huffing" propane gas from two 20-lb.
pressurized cylinders, investigators say. The two were using so much
propane that the concentration of gas built up, and was ignited by a
gas heater, causing the explosion. In addition to creating a huge
fireball, the explosion knocked over the gas heater, "pumping out a
huge fire in that room," a fire department commander said. "Their
clothing were so impregnated with LPG that when the explosion happened
it blew the soles of their shoes off, their clothing burst into flames,
and skin and tissue was spread on all four walls and the ceiling in
that room." Brendon McLeod, 17, and Jamie Jury, 18, were hospitalized
in critical condition with burns on up to 60 percent of their bodies --
but both are expected to survive. (RC/Otago Daily Times)

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will say "Specify type of goat." -- Rich Jeni
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
[...]

So close to a Darwin, yet so far...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:11:53 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
[...]

Me or them?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The symbol # is called an octothorpe.
(A whimsical creation based on the idea that the symbol looks like a village surrounded by eight fields)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2012 13:53, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
[...]

what exactly is 'Huffing' ?

Tim w
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:11:53 +0100, John Williamson

So close to a Darwin, yet so far...

Me or them?

? Have you done something remarkably stupid that's likely to prevent you
from passing your genes on? ITWSBT.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:11:53 +0100, John Williamson

So close to a Darwin, yet so far...

Me or them?

? Have you done something remarkably stupid that's likely to prevent you
from passing your genes on? ITWSBT.

No doubt whatsoever.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 15:43:40 +0100, Tim W wrote:

[...]

Easy enough to guess. Inhaling to get high I assume.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 16:02:30 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:11:53 +0100, John Williamson

So close to a Darwin, yet so far...

Me or them?

? Have you done something remarkably stupid that's likely to prevent you
from passing your genes on? ITWSBT.

There was a fuss in here recently when I stated that I'd tried to set fire to some tree stumps with a large quantity of petrol. And then towed them out using a 1998 VW Golf 1.9 Turbo Diesel Automatic.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why is there no Disneyland China?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've never heard of anyone getting high on propane, only dead.
Did they also not get the obligatory education about explosive mixture
dangers at school. You must remember the fill a tin with gas, puncture it,
light the hole and wait for the bang?

Brian

Email:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wiixkoevytk5n5@i7-940...
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 18:11:10 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

I've never heard of anyone getting high on propane, only dead.

I've heard of people sniffing butane, so presumably propane might work in a similar way?

I got that, but I don't remember it as being about dangers, it was just for a laugh. The teacher liked to scare the pupils. I believe nowadays it's banned due to H&S bull****. Which of course means bigger explosions will happen instead. But it's not in the school so it's not their problem.....

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Hiroshima '45 Chernobyl '86 Windows '95

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I've never heard of anyone getting high on propane, only dead.
Did they also not get the obligatory education about explosive mixture
dangers at school. You must remember the fill a tin with gas, puncture it,
light the hole and wait for the bang?

Brian

It's true - butane is another favourite - readily available as lighter fuel
in small cheap cans. Ther was a case in the 80's of some teens sniffing
butane in a car. They got so high one of they decided a fag was a good idea.

IIRC the report said the doors of the car travelled some distance. I think
it killed at least a couple of them.
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

I've never heard of anyone getting high on propane, only dead.
Did they also not get the obligatory education about explosive mixture
dangers at school. You must remember the fill a tin with gas, puncture
it,
light the hole and wait for the bang?

Brian

It's true - butane is another favourite - readily available as lighter
fuel
in small cheap cans. Ther was a case in the 80's of some teens sniffing
butane in a car. They got so high one of they decided a fag was a good
idea.

IIRC the report said the doors of the car travelled some distance. I think
it killed at least a couple of them.

There are reports (urban legends?) going around the motorhoming fraternity
of crims in France who squirt butane from cylinders into campers
overnighting on motorway services to lay out the occupants prior to breaking
in and robbing.

I though it was just urban legend but this suggests it might work (as long
as the crims don't smoke).

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

OT. Petrol harry UK diy 11 January 14th 11 07:48 AM
casting new petrol cap andrew UK diy 9 August 10th 09 10:14 PM
Petrol filter. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 23 July 27th 07 10:22 AM
Petrol strimmers Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 73 June 14th 07 08:16 PM
Wow, just an egg cupfull of petrol Kev UK diy 30 August 3rd 06 11:30 AM