Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And after making the phone call.......

will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@blue
yonder.co.uk scribeth thus
will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

You .. couldn't make it up;(...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 20, 9:09*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

--
Adam

FFFFSSSS

time for a reality referendum..........

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/12 21:09, ARWadsworth wrote:
will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

It starts at school. When our local Primary had OFSTED coming, the
headmistress wrote to all parents, requesting they got their children to
school on time ! Too many teachers no longer understand, that this kind
of thing is PART of an education.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this one big master plan perhaps to then go the other way and introduce
compulsory national Service? after all soon there will be no armed forces,
just territorial and a pile of outdated wrong gear to use.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that
there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

You .. couldn't make it up;(...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2012 06:06, Andy Cap wrote:
On 20/07/12 21:09, ARWadsworth wrote:
will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a
****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that
there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

It starts at school. When our local Primary had OFSTED coming, the
headmistress wrote to all parents, requesting they got their children to
school on time ! Too many teachers no longer understand, that this kind
of thing is PART of an education.

Andy C

Parents, not teachers, are the problem. Well parent in most cases...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Is this one big master plan perhaps to then go the other way and introduce
compulsory national Service?

Unlikely given the immense cost of going that route.

after all soon there will be no armed forces,

Mindlessly silly.

just territorial and a pile of outdated wrong gear to use.

Even sillier.

tony sayer wrote
ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@blue yonder.co.uk wrote

will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a
****?

Unlikely they could find anyone prepared to do that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that
there is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

You .. couldn't make it up;(...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:
[...]

I can recall the local rag mentioning one local school whose parents were to
wear clothes and not dressing gowns when dropping their kids at school and
later also asking then to stop drinking alcohol when picking them up from
school

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:58:57 -0700, Owain wrote:

On Jul 20, 9:09Â*pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a
****?

Wasn't there an earlier initiative where they gave jobseekers alarm
clocks?

'earlier'....haha. Geddit?

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:09:52 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

Oh, I agree, I agree. And I agree with the despairing comments
elsewhere in this thread too. But it's nothing new. Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker-up and see that it's just part of
a return to Victorian values. How long before someone has the bright
idea of setting up Workhouses? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workhouse

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2012 08:39 JoeJoe wrote:

Parents, not teachers, are the problem. Well parent in most cases...

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/12 08:39, JoeJoe wrote:

It starts at school. When our local Primary had OFSTED coming, the
headmistress wrote to all parents, requesting they got their children to
school on time ! Too many teachers no longer understand, that this kind
of thing is PART of an education.

Andy C

Parents, not teachers, are the problem. Well parent in most cases...

Of course that's fundamentally true, but to pull them into line as with
any other walk of life, you have to have sanctions. All the time the
schools don't insist, it wont happen. As I say, an education consists of
more than the three Rs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have
had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that
that there is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the
youngsters.

Oh, I agree, I agree. And I agree with the despairing comments
elsewhere in this thread too. But it's nothing new. Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker-up and see that it's just part of
a return to Victorian values. How long before someone has the bright
idea of setting up Workhouses? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workhouse

Nick

Loved the Knocker upper link. Seems it's still a profession:-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18881046

and

http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume...df/2183663.pdf

so that's £75,000 per year per family. I wonder if that total includes the
benefit payments they receive?

I only have one problem with benefit payments. And that proplem is that some
people see them as an ambition and not as a fallback for hard times.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , JoeJoe
scribeth thus
[...]

They combine together. We know someone who's the head of a school. If
it isn't the pupils its their parents, and if its not them its the
education authority..

A very well stressed person;(..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Nick Odell
scribeth thus
wrote:

will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

Oh, I agree, I agree. And I agree with the despairing comments
elsewhere in this thread too. But it's nothing new. Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker-up and see that it's just part of
a return to Victorian values. How long before someone has the bright
idea of setting up Workhouses? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workhouse

Nick

"Knocking up" was a long established tradition borne of necessity in the
mines and railways where people had to be up very early, sometimes
around 3 or 4 am...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

will they sent someone round to wipe their arses after they have had a
****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18916683

FFS.
"Marketing director Paul King said youngsters who didn't have stable
families and had dropped out of school "appreciated the fact that that
there
is someone there who cares for them"."

Paul King has just removed one more responsibility from the youngsters.

Oh, I agree, I agree. And I agree with the despairing comments
elsewhere in this thread too. But it's nothing new. Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker-up and see that it's just part of
a return to Victorian values.

Yes.

How long before someone has the bright idea of setting up Workhouses?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workhouse

Taint gunna happen. Some things like absolute monarchs etc are gone forever.

We won't see a return to public execution in the first world either.

Or even letting the general public tour Bedlam for a bit of light
entertainment and poke a stick at the loonys chained to the wall either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rod Speed
writes

Or even letting the general public tour Bedlam for a bit of light
entertainment and poke a stick at the loonys chained to the wall
either.

We don't need to - we have you as entertainment now :-)
--
Graeme