Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's the correct name for this?

What's the proper name for those sprung-metal clips which can hold posts or
tubes or similar circular cross-section objects? Dreadfully rough sketch of
what I mean:

http://tinyurl.com/clqr5kf

Many thanks.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 15:55:06 +0100, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

What's the proper name for those sprung-metal clips which can hold posts or
tubes or similar circular cross-section objects? Dreadfully rough sketch of
what I mean:

http://tinyurl.com/clqr5kf

Many thanks.

Bert

Terry Clip.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham wrote:

Terry Clip.

Thank you! Most of my efforts to find out by Googling lead me to video
clips of underground trains...

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 16:08:12 +0100, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

Graham wrote:

Terry Clip.

Thank you! Most of my efforts to find out by Googling lead me to video
clips of underground trains...

Bert

It's only a matter of time before Google will recognise your pencil
sketch.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

Good pencil sketch, btw.

Thanks. Though it occurred to me after I uploaded it that the arrow is
going the wrong way: the tube should move into the clip on the wall, not the
other way around.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bert Coules wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

Good pencil sketch, btw.

Thanks. Though it occurred to me after I uploaded it that the arrow
is going the wrong way: the tube should move into the clip on the
wall, not the other way around.

Ahh, but you could be removing the tube and not installing it. In which case
you were correct.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Ahh, but you could be removing the tube and not installing it. In which
case you were correct.

Which was of course my intention all along. Thanks.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-07-04, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
"Bert Coules" wrote:

Graham wrote:

Terry Clip.

Thank you! Most of my efforts to find out by Googling lead me to video
clips of underground trains...

Good pencil sketch, btw.

Yes, I immediately recognized exactly the part the OP had in mind ---
and had no idea what it was called either. Oh well!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 18:55:26 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Bert Coules wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

Good pencil sketch, btw.

Thanks. Though it occurred to me after I uploaded it that the arrow
is going the wrong way: the tube should move into the clip on the
wall, not the other way around.

Ahh, but you could be removing the tube and not installing it. In which case
you were correct.

But there must be loads of examples where the clip is on the moveable
part, and the tube is fixed.

Kick-boards and furniture carcase legs?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Bert Coules wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

Good pencil sketch, btw.

Thanks. Though it occurred to me after I uploaded it that the
arrow is going the wrong way: the tube should move into the clip
on the wall, not the other way around.

Ahh, but you could be removing the tube and not installing it. In
which case you were correct.

But there must be loads of examples where the clip is on the moveable
part, and the tube is fixed.

Kick-boards and furniture carcase legs?

So Bert has been correct twice:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
What's the proper name for those sprung-metal clips which can hold posts or
tubes or similar circular cross-section objects? *Dreadfully rough sketch of
what I mean:

http://tinyurl.com/clqr5kf

Many thanks.

Bert

Terry Clip.

also sold as tool clips
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2012 16:08, Bert Coules wrote:
Graham wrote:

Terry Clip.

Thank you! Most of my efforts to find out by Googling lead me to video
clips of underground trains...

Bert

If you want them in bulk
http://www.springmasters.com/full-product-range.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

So Bert has been correct twice:-)

In one day? That's a first.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

"Bert Coules" wrote:

What's the proper name for those sprung-metal clips which can hold posts or
tubes or similar circular cross-section objects?

Or trousers

Terry Clip.

http://youtu.be/OhgLOv0YSeo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

What's the proper name for those sprung-metal clips which can hold posts or
tubes or similar circular cross-section objects? Dreadfully rough sketch of
what I mean:

http://tinyurl.com/clqr5kf

Terry clips.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong Molly Brown[_2_] Home Repair 14 May 1st 12 05:23 PM
Need correct name of connector DemoDisk Home Repair 11 September 28th 08 06:54 AM
I would like to correct a few things Stacey Chuffo Electronics Repair 3 August 24th 08 04:30 PM
Correct curcuit? coustanis Home Repair 5 May 3rd 06 06:18 PM
correct brads Neil UK diy 6 November 18th 05 08:23 AM