Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Someone correct me if I知 wrong

Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Which country, state, vicinity, jurisdiction?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought
you couldn稚 have a real estate license if you had
a criminal record.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2012 12:46 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

In Maryland an elected delegate who committed real estate fraud lost his
license in one county but not another. He is trying to have the
interest rate on his repayment of penalty reimbursement money to the
state reduced by submitting a bill to the House and Senate which was
passed with no negative votes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

You mean there are some that *don't* have a record??

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

Criminal records can be expunged for a variety of reasons.

Convicted felons can have their civil rights restored by application
of such. Then they can own a gun and more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2012 11:46 AM, Molly Brown wrote:
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

As the former owner of a real estate brokerage firm in Iowa I can't
speak for other states but outlined below is a checklist of things you
will need to do in order to get your Iowa Real Estate license. Note that
it does not speak of a criminal record disqualifying a person.

- A salesperson must be assigned to (work for) a licensed broker or firm
and cannot conduct business independently.

- Be a person 18 years of age or over. (You may actually sit for the
exam before you are 18, but you MUST be 18 before you make the
application for a license, which must be within six months after you
pass the exam.) An applicant is not ineligible because of citizenship,
sex, race, religion, marital status, or national origin, although the
application form may require citizenship information.

- Be a person whose application has not been rejected for licensure in
this or any other state within twelve months prior to the date of
application, and whose real estate license has not been revoked in this
or any other state within two years prior to the date of application.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Someone correct me if I知 wrong (follow up)

On 4/30/2012 12:27 PM, IGot2P wrote:
[...]

Sorry but I left out the background check which speaks to the following
and you should note that it says "may be denied", not "will be denied".

"An applicant for a real estate salesperson license who has been
convicted of forgery, embezzlement, obtaining money under false
pretenses, theft, extortion, conspiracy to defraud, or another similar
offense, or of any crime involving moral turpitude, in a court of
competent jurisdiction in this state or in any other state,
jurisdiction, territory, or district of the United States, or in any
foreign jurisdiction, may be denied a license by the commission on the
grounds of the conviction."

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 12:46*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

You're wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

Yup, as usual, you're wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Molly Brown wrote:

Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have
a real estate license if you had a criminal record.

That would mean half of all Americans couldn't be real estate agents...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

I'll bet it depends on the jurisdiction and/or the offense. For example,
exposing oneself to a blind person (Mopery) may not be disqualifying
inasmuch as it does not involve fiduciary liability. In other jurisdictions,
having a criminal record may be a requirement for a state license.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Molly Brown wrote:
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

I'll bet it depends on the jurisdiction and/or the offense. For example,
exposing oneself to a blind person (Mopery) may not be disqualifying
inasmuch as it does not involve fiduciary liability. In other jurisdictions,
having a criminal record may be a requirement for a state license.

Unless of course, it is felonious mopery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

I guess anything is possible. It is possible to be president of the US and
not be a citizen.

Go figger.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve B"
wrote:

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Someone correct me if I知 wrong but I thought you couldn稚 have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

I guess anything is possible. It is possible to be president of the US and
not be a citizen.

that's certainly what mitt hopes

Go figger.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Someone correct me if I?m wrong

In article 1a08a80f-7e40-499a-b671-a3205cab2acc@
36g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, says...

Someone correct me if I?m wrong but I thought you couldn?t have a real
estate license if you had a criminal record.

I think they need to become car salesmen?

I think Bush was wrong and Obama is three times as wrong as Bush was. Ed Huntress Metalworking 4 September 10th 09 04:00 AM
Need correct name of connector DemoDisk Home Repair 11 September 28th 08 06:54 AM
Correct caulk to Use? Mike Home Repair 9 March 26th 07 08:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - please. Emergency generator question [email protected] UK diy 25 September 25th 06 06:09 PM