Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sold House Prices

Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Thanks,

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick Odell wrote:

Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices?

I've used ourproperty.co.uk for a while, mainly to setup alerts for
sales in certain areas, but I think you can do a straight search by
postcode, they tend to lag about 2-3 months behind the actual sale
though, and the online land registry only started a few years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/12 22:18, Nick Odell wrote:
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Every house that's been bought and sold in my road since 1996 is on Zoopla.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick Odell" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Thanks,

Nick

Try this one -
http://www.houseladder.co.uk/Informa...se_Prices.aspx
although you need to register, no big deal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"scorched" wrote in message
b.com...

"Nick Odell" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Thanks,

Nick

Try this one -
http://www.houseladder.co.uk/Informa...se_Prices.aspx
although you need to register, no big deal.

This is the last one I used

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index....d-House-Prices

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2012 22:18, Nick Odell wrote:
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Nethouseprices and rightmove both have sold prices. They probably all
link to the same land registry database.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell
wrote:
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally *bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Thanks,

Nick

The gov. site was free but now you have to pay.
http://www.landregistryservices.com/...FccJtAodwCZlwQ

Cuts I expect.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me
(maybe wanting me to pay to see what I'm really interested in? Though
I'd have expected an obvious link to make a payment if they did) or
why they should be incomplete. Just as a test, I searched for a house
that I'd personally *bought in 2000 and sold again in 2011 and for
which I have the LR paperwork and neither transaction appeared on
either of those sites.

Thanks,

Nick

The gov. site was free

No it wasn't.

but now you have to pay.http://www.landregistryservices.com/...FccJtAodwCZlwQ

Cuts I expect.

That the title register and has always been a paid for service.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

and got to the .gov.uk for cheaper ones.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 10:46*am, mogga wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

I prefer to let people like Harry be ripped off by sites such as the
one he linked to. It just re-inforces that they really don't have a
clue.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 12:28*pm, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Jun 27, 10:46*am, mogga wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

MBQ- Hide quoted text -

Never used it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 10:46*am, mogga wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

You're the clueless one.
The fact is that the free ones are extremely incomplete. Only the gov
one is complete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 10:46*am, mogga wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

Wrong,

Only the gov
one is complete.

But was never free and serves a completely different purpose.

The link you gave is not the "gov" one.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick Odell" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a good, complete, free listing of Land Registry
Sold House prices? I've tried Mouseprice and Zoopla but both had gaps
in the records - specifically the houses I was interested in.

I don't know whether these websites are screening the results from me

I don't think so.

If the data for the house that you want is missing from the "bulk" data,
then it's missing

Some house are deliberately not included in the released data and there are
some that are missed off by mistake.

So obtaining the correct data will require you to purchase the individual
house data (which is usually correct) but it is the LR policy that is
requiring you to do this, not the sites that you mentioned

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jun 27, 10:46 am, mogga wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:10 am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18 pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

Just like CompaniesHouse information. Buy it direct from HMG and it costs a
pound a time. Some commercial sites charge 25 quid for the same info

tim
MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 27, 10:46*am, mogga wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:17:29 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:10*am, harry wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:18*pm, Nick Odell

wrote:
[...]

so WTF are you posting a link to it and appearing as though you have
something to contribute?

Jim K

Soldier's house foreclosed, sold to Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200 Ignoramus24975 Metalworking 34 June 19th 10 02:05 PM
How I sold my House in a Week - Home selling tips Donatello Home Repair 0 March 15th 08 10:17 AM
Sold property prices: lack of up-to-date data MM UK diy 8 November 22nd 06 09:35 PM
UK House prices? Bob Ashworth UK diy 29 January 16th 05 08:06 PM
may have sold our house (St. Joseph played a role) rosie readandpost Home Ownership 5 July 31st 03 07:50 PM