Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulating Garage Doors

I am replacing my knackered up and over door with side hinged steel doors.
As I use my garage mostly as a workshop, I would like to insulate the
new doors.
Advice welcome on what to use and how to fix it. Celotex or similar?

Ken.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ken G. wrote:
I am replacing my knackered up and over door with side hinged steel doors.
As I use my garage mostly as a workshop, I would like to insulate the
new doors.
Advice welcome on what to use and how to fix it. Celotex or similar?

Ken.

Celotex or even polystyrene sheet should be fine.
Consider also fitting brush strip round the edges to get a draught seal.
Insulation is almost a waste of time if there is moving air taking heat
out of the garage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 23, 3:09*pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Ken G. wrote:
I am replacing my knackered up and over door with side hinged steel doors.
As I use my garage mostly as a workshop, I would like to insulate the
new doors.
Advice welcome on what to use and how to fix it. Celotex or similar?

Ken.

Celotex or even polystyrene sheet should be fine.
Consider also fitting brush strip round the edges to get a draught seal.
Insulation is almost a waste of time if there is moving air taking heat
out of the garage.

Use something non-permeable, or it'll saturate.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 23, 2:39*pm, "Ken G." wrote:
I am replacing my knackered up and over door with side hinged steel doors..
As I use my garage mostly as a workshop, I would like to insulate the
new doors.
Advice welcome on what to use and how to fix it. Celotex or similar?

Ken.

"Garador" makes doors with insulation and draught seals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/2012 15:09, Bob Minchin wrote:
Ken G. wrote:
I am replacing my knackered up and over door with side hinged steel
doors.
As I use my garage mostly as a workshop, I would like to insulate the
new doors.
Advice welcome on what to use and how to fix it. Celotex or similar?

Ken.

Celotex or even polystyrene sheet should be fine.
Consider also fitting brush strip round the edges to get a draught seal.
Insulation is almost a waste of time if there is moving air taking heat
out of the garage.

Thanks for the reply. Any particular adhesive for fixing celotex?

insulating a garage Stephen[_6_] UK diy 13 April 27th 09 04:05 PM
Insulating a garage cshenk Home Repair 14 January 21st 09 01:23 AM
insulating a garage Fred UK diy 22 May 2nd 08 12:18 AM
Insulating garage in CT Bob M Home Repair 3 October 28th 05 12:40 PM
Insulating the garage r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 7 September 19th 05 11:35 PM