Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Hand made' planes - on another level

Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other Mike wrote:

Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

There's a chap here in Leicester that makes planes too, with the same
steel/bronze dovetailing

http://billcarterwoodworkingplanemaker.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/2012 19:31, The Other Mike wrote:
Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

They're beautiful.

But the ones I inherited from my Grandfather do me fine. It doesn't
seem likely I'll wear them out. And I feel they are tools, not objects
of beauty.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/18/2012 3:09 PM, Andy Champ wrote:
On 18/06/2012 19:31, The Other Mike wrote:
Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

They're beautiful.

But the ones I inherited from my Grandfather do me fine. It doesn't seem
likely I'll wear them out. And I feel they are tools, not objects of
beauty.

Well-made tools _are_ things of beauty!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/2012 19:31, The Other Mike wrote:
Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

Truly a labour of love... I think I would be almost scared to take one
out of the display cabinet!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:07:52 AM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 18/06/2012 19:31, The Other Mike wrote:
Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

Truly a labour of love... I think I would be almost scared to take one
out of the display cabinet!

--
Cheers,

John.

A bit like Ostrich Skin wrapped gold plate Leicas to me. I find it hard to believe many of these are put to hard use. Collectors pieces ?

That's not to say I don't lust after one
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, June 18, 2012 7:31:51 PM UTC+1, The Other Mike wrote:
Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

They look fantastic - but I'd need a LOT of spare cash before spending that much on a plane...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2012 11:48, wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2012 7:31:51 PM UTC+1, The Other Mike wrote:
Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in
the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html

2.5k - 7k !

They look fantastic - but I'd need a LOT of spare cash before spending that much on a plane...

If I spent that much on a plane I would want it to fly ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Question about hand planes Vic Baron Woodworking 38 November 9th 09 12:29 PM
How to clean a stain off a machine made or hand made rug reviberation Home Repair 1 June 21st 07 08:03 PM
Record Hand Planes Sanford Woodworking 8 October 16th 04 06:43 AM
How to keep rust off hand planes? Guy LaRochelle Woodworking 8 July 21st 04 05:20 PM
Hand planes? Guy LaRochelle Woodworking 19 January 12th 04 05:21 PM