Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT Old mobile phones, ring tones and women

Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100
that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2 weeks of
owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit
scary.

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop from 4m.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth :
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100
that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2 weeks of
owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit
scary.

What's scary, the fact that the phone can do that (not scary at all) or
why she set the phone up to play that song only when *you* phoned her?

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:
ARWadsworth :
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia
1100 that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll
miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2
weeks of owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone
to the usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That
is a bit scary.

What's scary, the fact that the phone can do that (not scary at all)
or why she set the phone up to play that song only when *you* phoned
her?

The second option.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100
that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2 weeks of
owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit
scary.

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop from 4m.

Most phones can give you a different ring tone for different incoming
numbers if you set it up - she obviouslt set it up that way to avoid
embarrassing moments

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2012 20:13, ARWadsworth wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:
:
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia
1100 that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll
miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2
weeks of owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone
to the usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That
is a bit scary.

What's scary, the fact that the phone can do that (not scary at all)
or why she set the phone up to play that song only when *you* phoned
her?

The second option.

You can set up 'groups' on Nokia's. My family - wife, daughters, in
laws etc had one ring tone, mates another & anyone else a third one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 19:01:50 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

Yeah, mine does that - could be useful, I suppose.
There's probably an app to append individual ring tones to specific
numbers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

If I call the mobile from my home phone I
get a different ring tone to the usual ring tone.

Yeah, mine does that - could be useful, I suppose.

There's probably an app to append
individual ring tones to specific numbers.

Nope, its standard in most modern nokias.

Some panasonic cordless phones even let you
attach a recorded message to each number or
group so it announces who is calling so you
don't have to look at the screen to see if its
worth answering etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Most phones can give you a different ring tone for different incoming
numbers if you set it up - she obviouslt set it up that way to avoid
embarrassing moments

Have you ever listened to the words?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 17, 8:55*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote

ARWadsworth wrote
If I call the mobile from my home phone I
get a different ring tone to the usual ring tone.

Yeah, mine does that - could be useful, I suppose.
There's probably an app to append
individual ring tones to specific numbers.

Nope, its standard in most modern nokias.

Some panasonic cordless phones even let you
attach a recorded message to each number or
group so it announces who is calling so you
don't have to look at the screen to see if its
worth answering etc.

My old Nokia 6680 did that, it was vaguely amusing to change people's
names to swear words in my phone book so that my phone would randomly
swear at people.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

Yeah, mine does that - could be useful, I suppose.
There's probably an app to append individual ring tones to specific
numbers.

More importantly you can set some numbers to silent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Mike Barnes wrote:

why she set the phone up to play that song only when you phoned her?

The second option.

"I took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun"

Maybe that's how he's getting his revenge for the flat cat incident!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Most phones can give you a different ring tone for different incoming
numbers if you set it up - she obviouslt set it up that way to avoid
embarrassing moments

Have you ever listened to the words?

Those weird ones inside your head, dennis? - no

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I thought most phones could be set up to play different ringtones depending
on who the call is from. a number of people have the Star trek red alert
sound with Its the wife over it for the wife.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100
that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2 weeks of
owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit
scary.

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop from 4m.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2012 19:01, ARWadsworth wrote:
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100
that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2 weeks of
owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit
scary.

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop from 4m.

Chap I know has his phone play the Ride Of The Valkyries when his wife
phones.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:
:
[...]

Great feature ... you set up known callers with audible ringtones, and
then leave the volume down for anyone else. Sort of jerrybuilt ACR.
Although my last Nokia would actually speak the name from the contacts
list - great when driving.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:
:
[...]

And saves you having to remember what ringtone you have on which group etc.

Only way to go IMO.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:01:12 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the
usual ring tone.

Yeah, mine does that - could be useful, I suppose.
There's probably an app to append individual ring tones to specific
numbers.

More importantly you can set some numbers to silent.

I'm with 3 and they do remarkable well at call screening everyone for
me.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

You can set up 'groups' on Nokia's. My family - wife, daughters, in
laws etc had one ring tone, mates another & anyone else a third one.

My aged Motorola has what I consider a bug, but they think it is
a feature. The conversation went a bit like this (snipped from a
series of emails):

Customer (Chris Dixon)
I have set a default ring tone and also a discrete beep for SMS.
I have chosen a ring tone for a particular caller. When I
receive an SMS from that caller I get their ring tone, not the
default SMS tone.

Dear Customer
In relation to your query, the reason why you get the Ring Tone alert as the SMS alert also is due to the fact that you have selected a particular Ringer ID you want for that person. If that person rings you or sends you a text message you will be nofitied by that alert you have chosen for that person.

Customer (Chris Dixon)
So, whilst you have lots of options to enable the user to
differentiate between calls from those in the address book, you
have made a decision to arrange matters so that, if you use this
facility, it is no longer possible to tell a phone call from a
text message?
I cannot believe that you did this deliberately, surely it is a
bug?

Dear Customer
This is just the way the unit was designed.
When you select a Ringer Id for anyone,then whenever they send you a TXT ,Fax,email or call you,then the Ringer ID you have slected for that person ,will go off.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, June 18, 2012 9:31:48 AM UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 17/06/2012 19:01, ARWadsworth wrote:

Chap I know has his phone play the Ride Of The Valkyries when his wife
phones.

Colin Bignell

You could use 'My Wife' from the Who album "Who's Next".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Mike Barnes wrote:

why she set the phone up to play that song only when you phoned
her?

The second option.

"I took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun"

Maybe that's how he's getting his revenge for the flat cat incident!

:-)

And I would say it is not a well known song. It's older than her.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:
ARWadsworth :
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia
1100 that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll
miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2
weeks of owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone
to the usual ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9x-O...eature=related

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That
is a bit scary.

What's scary, the fact that the phone can do that (not scary at all)
or why she set the phone up to play that song only when *you* phoned
her?

And I have just noticed that the father of her child is called "Sperm donor"
in the contacts list.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2012 19:01, ARWadsworth wrote:
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100
that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop from 4m.

Agreed about the 1100 - mine took a slide under me when I came off my
bike when it was 6 months old in 2005. Just got a new cover off ebay, no
leaking LCDs like the modern stuff. Got a new battery this year. Now 732
hours 54 minutes on the clock!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Part Timer wrote:
On 17/06/2012 19:01, ARWadsworth wrote:
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia
1100 that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll
miss you [1]

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop
from 4m.

Agreed about the 1100 - mine took a slide under me when I came off my
bike when it was 6 months old in 2005. Just got a new cover off ebay,
no leaking LCDs like the modern stuff. Got a new battery this year.
Now 732 hours 54 minutes on the clock!

And no abuse:-)

You know you can drop the 1100. I have a feeling that just putting the X6-00
down onto a table too hard will break it.

I just know that if I throw it at an apprentice it will break! They are
trained to duck.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/2012 20:29, ARWadsworth wrote:
And no abuse:-)

You know you can drop the 1100. I have a feeling that just putting the X6-00
down onto a table too hard will break it.

I just know that if I throw it at an apprentice it will break! They are
trained to duck.

How do you find the touch screen on the X6? I have an E71 as I just
can't get to grips with a touchscreen lol

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's a ****ing nightmare, especially when driving.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2012 19:01, ARWadsworth wrote:

is what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit
scary.

When my good lady calls the shop from her mobile I have it set to play
the following....
http://youtu.be/56ikSuvbcHg
But don't tell her or there may be a carving knife waiting for me ....
;¬)

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.

mobile phone ring tones Dave UK diy 11 March 14th 10 05:55 PM
OT ish; Ring Tones The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 December 15th 09 11:57 PM
Online Mobile Stores – Best way to buy mobile phones Shopping India Electronics Repair 0 October 17th 08 07:33 AM
Our phones won't ring! Mitch@_._ Home Repair 25 July 15th 08 01:43 AM