Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ish; Ring Tones

Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently you
can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to me -
although I'm prolly the last to find out.

This opens up huge possibilities - you can have an angle grinder as a ring
tone. Great!

Or an SDS drill, circular saw - anything.

Think I'm going for the SDS!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently you
can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to me -
although I'm prolly the last to find out.

This opens up huge possibilities - you can have an angle grinder as a ring
tone. Great!

Or an SDS drill, circular saw - anything.

Think I'm going for the SDS!

Toilet flush, swearing at hammered thumb.....the mind boggles.
--
Tinkerer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:10:11 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently
you can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to
me - although I'm prolly the last to find out.

This opens up huge possibilities - you can have an angle grinder as a
ring tone. Great!

I got fed up with thinking I had an SMS, when it was someone else's.
Changed my SMS alert to the sound of an old fashioned klaxon.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently you
can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to me -
although I'm prolly the last to find out.

This opens up huge possibilities - you can have an angle grinder as a ring
tone. Great!

Or an SDS drill, circular saw - anything.

Think I'm going for the SDS!

I've only just found that my old SE does that - bugger, the fun I could
have had with it. Handy though - it means I've now got a discrete
recording device with me all the time. Just the thing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently
you can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to
me - although I'm prolly the last to find out.

For an added bonus, you can probably allocate specific ringtones to known
callers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:

For an added bonus, you can probably allocate specific ringtones to known
callers.

Indeed!

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

I stole the file from my Asterisk box's TFTP server, where it doles up
configs and ring tones to my home Cisco 7940's. I think it originally
came from CloneDVD or somesuch, for when a burn failed.

--
Ron
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:02:16 +0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

I stole the file from my Asterisk box's TFTP server, where it doles up
configs and ring tones to my home Cisco 7940's. I think it originally
came from CloneDVD or somesuch, for when a burn failed.

I use the 'Bugger!' from Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral, for
when something fails on a PC.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker submitted this idea :
For an added bonus, you can probably allocate specific ringtones to known
callers.

Unless it is different from mine, you can only associate them with
caller groups. Nothing to stop you having one caller per group though,
but I'm not sure how many different groups you can have.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:02:16 +0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

I stole the file from my Asterisk box's TFTP server, where it doles up
configs and ring tones to my home Cisco 7940's. I think it originally
came from CloneDVD or somesuch, for when a burn failed.

I use the 'Bugger!' from Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral, for
when something fails on a PC.

I had 'that' clip from the Apollo 13 mission for PC errors.

Ringtone on my phone is a peal of bells from Daresbury Church.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:10:11 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently
you can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to
me - although I'm prolly the last to find out.

This opens up huge possibilities - you can have an angle grinder as a
ring tone. Great!

I got fed up with thinking I had an SMS, when it was someone else's.
Changed my SMS alert to the sound of an old fashioned klaxon.

My soninlaw changed my sms rt without me knowing, to a very loud FART.wav.
i now use this
http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/wav/fault.wav
\0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , OG
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:02:16 +0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

I stole the file from my Asterisk box's TFTP server, where it doles up
configs and ring tones to my home Cisco 7940's. I think it originally
came from CloneDVD or somesuch, for when a burn failed.

I use the 'Bugger!' from Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral, for
when something fails on a PC.

I had 'that' clip from the Apollo 13 mission for PC errors.

Ringtone on my phone is a peal of bells from Daresbury Church.

Complete with white rabbit ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ron Lowe wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:

For an added bonus, you can probably allocate specific ringtones to
known callers.

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

In a similar vein, I use this for the same purpose:
http://www.eventsounds.com/wav/psycho.wav

(for texts I'm afraid I use the CTU ringtone from "24" on the telly)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , OG
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:02:16 +0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

I stole the file from my Asterisk box's TFTP server, where it doles up
configs and ring tones to my home Cisco 7940's. I think it originally
came from CloneDVD or somesuch, for when a burn failed.

I use the 'Bugger!' from Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral, for
when something fails on a PC.

I had 'that' clip from the Apollo 13 mission for PC errors.

Ringtone on my phone is a peal of bells from Daresbury Church.

Complete with white rabbit ?

heh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:10:11 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Or an SDS drill, circular saw - anything.

Angle grinder? :-)

--
John Stumbles

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:10:11 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Or an SDS drill, circular saw - anything.

Angle grinder? :-)

We're going to have problems with the sound of car body filler...

--
Ian White

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Ron Lowe wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:

For an added bonus, you can probably allocate specific ringtones to
known callers.

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

In a similar vein, I use this for the same purpose:
http://www.eventsounds.com/wav/psycho.wav

(for texts I'm afraid I use the CTU ringtone from "24" on the telly)

David

This guy can supply a few possible sound bites:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/563178/

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently you
can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone!
This opens up huge possibilities

You're not going for "The Pushbike Song" I take it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark wrote:
"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

In a similar vein, I use this for the same purpose:
http://www.eventsounds.com/wav/psycho.wav

Google identifies this as an attack site that will attempt to install a
nasty on your PC.

My AVG did the same

Oo-er. Why didn't my AVG, then? WTF have I done/installed...?

David

Adding sockets to ring main/add another ring Bill Payer[_2_] UK diy 33 October 20th 09 09:33 PM
Wax ring PanHandler[_3_] Home Repair 6 December 18th 08 04:15 AM
Wax ring goes which way? [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 27th 08 04:50 AM
Matching Wood Tones in Modern Apartment??? [email protected] Woodworking 1 March 31st 08 12:28 AM
which O ring Karl Townsend Metalworking 3 May 20th 05 03:46 AM