chris French

Default Advice on Laying Lino?

In message , rakster
writes
I'm about to lay a smallish piece of lino flooring in my bathroom and
I have the following queries?

Are you talking yer actual proper Lino (the hessian - or was it Jute?
backed stuff), or are we talking modern flexible vinyl flooring?

--
Chris French, Leeds
robgraham

"rakster" wrote in message
om...
I'm about to lay a smallish piece of lino flooring in my bathroom and
I have the following queries?

Do I put the Lino straight onto the wooden floors or is it best if I
lay hardboard first?

I wanted to lay the Lino first and then place the bathroom
furniture...Is this a good Idea?

Do I need to glue it down or it it best that I use double sided to
tape down the edges?

Any tips would be appreciated?

Can you still buy Lino? I thought it was dead and gone. Anyway if you lay it
over anything uneven, even a piece of paper, the irregularities will show
through eventually. So put it on hardboard.

Rob Graham

Is lino so bad? Jake UK diy 10 July 19th 03 10:09 PM
Heating & hot water crisis - advice sought Trevor UK diy 4 July 16th 03 11:53 PM
fridge freezer brand advice vilm UK diy 4 July 15th 03 05:14 PM
Concrete slab advice John UK diy 12 July 11th 03 10:55 AM
Angle Grinder Advice Toby UK diy 7 July 10th 03 10:27 PM