Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch dishwasher recall (also Neff and Siemens)

http://www.recalluk.com/latest/bosch...call-2011.aspx

"An electrical component on some Bosch dishwashers may overheat and can
create a potential fire hazard.

This recall also affects Neff and Siemens dishwashers as well"

I noted this after reading an article in Which?

I've just arranged a repair visit for our dishwasher.

I wonder how many other Bosch dishwasher owners there are out there who have
missed the advertising Bosch are supposed to have put/ been putting in
newspapers (which we don't buy).

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--

I received a letter from them, and having checked that it was my old scrapped dishwasher (don't ask!), I ignored it. I then received a further letter which asked me to return it to confirm that the dishwasher was out of use if I didn't need the recall.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JohnW" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 25 April 2012 11:07:55 UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:
http://www.recalluk.com/latest/bosch...call-2011.aspx

"An electrical component on some Bosch dishwashers may overheat and can
create a potential fire hazard.

This recall also affects Neff and Siemens dishwashers as well"

I noted this after reading an article in Which?

I've just arranged a repair visit for our dishwasher.

I wonder how many other Bosch dishwasher owners there are out there who
have
missed the advertising Bosch are supposed to have put/ been putting in
newspapers (which we don't buy).

I received a letter from them, and having checked that it was my old
scrapped dishwasher (don't ask!), I ignored it. I then received a further
letter which asked me to return it to confirm that the dishwasher was
out of use if I didn't need the recall.

One reason for doing the product registration I spose.

I normally don't unless I cant get the software or manual without
registering.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:

http://www.recalluk.com/latest/bosch...call-2011.aspx

"An electrical component on some Bosch dishwashers may overheat and can
create a potential fire hazard.

This recall also affects Neff and Siemens dishwashers as well"

I noted this after reading an article in Which?

I've just arranged a repair visit for our dishwasher.

I wonder how many other Bosch dishwasher owners there are out there who
have missed the advertising Bosch are supposed to have put/ been putting
in newspapers (which we don't buy).

Cheers

Dave R

Manufactured 1999-2005 - oooh - that includes mine.

Thanks for the heads up - runs off to check
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-04-25, David WE Roberts wrote:

http://www.recalluk.com/latest/bosch...call-2011.aspx

"An electrical component on some Bosch dishwashers may overheat and can
create a potential fire hazard.

This recall also affects Neff and Siemens dishwashers as well"

I noted this after reading an article in Which?

I've just arranged a repair visit for our dishwasher.

I wonder how many other Bosch dishwasher owners there are out there who have
missed the advertising Bosch are supposed to have put/ been putting in
newspapers (which we don't buy).

Does anyone know when the fault leading to the recall was first
discovered or reported?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 25, 11:07*am, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
http://www.recalluk.com/latest/bosch...call-2011.aspx

I wonder how many other Bosch dishwasher owners there are out there who have
missed the advertising Bosch are supposed to have put/ been putting in
newspapers (which we don't buy).

Thanks for this. Ours is amongst those affected. Wouldn't have known
otherwise.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"An electrical component on some Bosch dishwashers may overheat and can
create a potential fire hazard.

This recall also affects Neff and Siemens dishwashers as well"

I noted this after reading an article in Which?

I've just arranged a repair visit for our dishwasher.

I wonder how many other Bosch dishwasher owners there are out there who have
missed the advertising Bosch are supposed to have put/ been putting in
newspapers (which we don't buy).

I left one behind when I moved about 5 years ago. Recently speaking to
the person who is there now they mentioned that a service engineer had
turned up and undertaken a repair. I thought this was pretty good as
it was located on a boat and not in a house, the address as such was
fairly vague and the boat had moved to different berth some distance
away. The service engineer must have fancied doing a bit detective
work or took his task fairly seriously to find it.

G.Harman

Neff Dishwasher not pumping out JohnW UK diy 10 January 31st 11 06:56 PM
Neff Dishwasher JohnW UK diy 0 November 12th 07 08:25 AM
Neff dishwasher [email protected] UK diy 1 November 30th 05 11:59 PM
Neff dishwasher - how to reset? Roger Dyke Home Repair 0 November 24th 05 09:31 AM
Neff dishwasher locked up after water off Roger Dyke UK diy 0 November 23rd 05 04:46 PM