Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best B&D Workmate replacement?

I need to replace my ancient B&D Workmate that has collapsed after 35 years
of excellent service. But what to buy? The reviews of the B&D 825 slate it
as a cheaply made shoddy bit of goods not up to the task - what else is
available that is sturdy and will last ?

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2012 22:22, Andrew Mawson wrote:
I need to replace my ancient B&D Workmate that has collapsed after 35
years of excellent service. But what to buy? The reviews of the B&D 825
slate it as a cheaply made shoddy bit of goods not up to the task - what
else is available that is sturdy and will last ?

AWEM

I have an ancient version of this, and it's pretty good but of course
the detailed design does change (mine is plywood, not bamboo for example).

You may already have looked there, but I've been surprised and pleased
at the wide range of tools on Amazon (dozens of workmates and clones
there), with generally very helpful reviews.

Workmate Mods Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 24 May 14th 15 11:40 PM
Best Workmate? No Name UK diy 7 August 26th 09 06:24 PM
Which Workmate? - follow up A.Lee UK diy 1 June 9th 07 07:59 AM
replacement for workmate table william kossack Woodworking 1 December 26th 05 03:51 AM
Workmate Opinions Richard Woodworking 21 July 21st 05 02:06 PM