Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Truth emerging about Fukushima.

On Apr 19, 10:14*am, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,

*harry wrote:
On Apr 18, 10:07*pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:51:22 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

So basically you share the same attitude as harry, that if the truth
hurts the person telling it is morally reprehensible?

Hardly.
But I will tell you this - I detest intellectual snobs, for they are
the worst type of all, insofar as they very often have little to be
snobbish about.

Ah, people like harry, you mean? He's been busy sneering at academic
qualifications. He's also been talking cobblers about various topics.
What do you suggest that those who actually know something about the
topic should do?

Which cobblers about which topics?

About Fukushima for one thing, and energy in general.

That's a very non=specificanswer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
So basically you share the same attitude as harry, that if the truth
hurts the person telling it is morally reprehensible?
Hardly.
But I will tell you this - I detest intellectual snobs, for they are
the worst type of all, insofar as they very often have little to be
snobbish about.
Ah, people like harry, you mean? He's been busy sneering at academic
qualifications. He's also been talking cobblers about various topics.
What do you suggest that those who actually know something about the
topic should do?

Which cobblers about which topics?

every time you open your arse harry.

Well,you're the one full of ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes

wrote:

So basically you share the same attitude as harry, that if the truth
hurts the person telling it is morally reprehensible?

Hardly.
But I will tell you this - I detest intellectual snobs, for they are
the worst type of all, insofar as they very often have little to be
snobbish about.

Ah, people like harry, you mean? He's been busy sneering at academic
qualifications. He's also been talking cobblers about various topics.
What do you suggest that those who actually know something about the
topic should do?

Which cobblers about which topics?

Well, for a start, a specific example, how flame sensing works in
domestic boilers

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes

wrote:

So basically you share the same attitude as harry, that if the truth
hurts the person telling it is morally reprehensible?

Hardly.
But I will tell you this - I detest intellectual snobs, for they are
the worst type of all, insofar as they very often have little to be
snobbish about.

Ah, people like harry, you mean? He's been busy sneering at academic
qualifications. He's also been talking cobblers about various topics.
What do you suggest that those who actually know something about the
topic should do?

Which cobblers about which topics?

About Fukushima for one thing, and energy in general.

That's a very non=specificanswer.

Who needs to be specific, when you are clueless about just about
everything you post about

you're clueless, stupid, ignorant and racist

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
tony sayer wrote:
Umm .. valves or thermonic devices are now being used in the latest
digital TV transmitters where there're more efficient !....

and in undersea DC cable inverters.

An ON voltage of 50V isn't so bad when you are dealing in kilovolts!

I do remember wondering if the mercury arc rectifiers in the power and
machines lab pushed out much RF interference.

I hit a bit of an *intelligence* ceiling and struggled with engineering
physics which was a requirement for institute part three courses.

Oh well! I enjoy farming:-)

So do I - I love watching the farm manager on his tractor...
Wish it was my farm...

regards

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2012 22:22, Tim Lamb wrote:

I also have Electronics and Computer Technology at HNC endorsement level
but so incredibly rusty.... who wants to know about vacuum valves anyway
or Elliot 80 ALGOL.

Bob Eager?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 19, 7:05*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

wrote:

[...]

geoff- Hide quoted text -

Oh so it's just general abuse from an ignorant halfwit?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
* Umm .. valves or thermonic devices are now being used in the latest
digital TV transmitters where there're more efficient !....

and in undersea DC cable inverters.

An ON voltage of 50V isn't so bad when you are dealing in kilovolts!

I do remember wondering if the mercury arc rectifiers in the power and
machines lab pushed out much RF interference.

I hit a bit of an *intelligence* ceiling and struggled with engineering
physics which was a requirement for institute part three courses.

Oh well! I enjoy farming:-)

So do I - I love watching the farm manager on his tractor...
Wish it was my farm...

regards

and how hard it is to achieve it.- Hide quoted text -

I have had a farm as a hobby. It's no life as a full time job.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
Umm .. valves or thermonic devices are now being used in the latest
digital TV transmitters where there're more efficient !....

and in undersea DC cable inverters.

An ON voltage of 50V isn't so bad when you are dealing in kilovolts!

I do remember wondering if the mercury arc rectifiers in the power and
machines lab pushed out much RF interference.

I hit a bit of an *intelligence* ceiling and struggled with engineering
physics which was a requirement for institute part three courses.

Oh well! I enjoy farming:-)

So do I - I love watching the farm manager on his tractor...
Wish it was my farm...

regards

and how hard it is to achieve it.- Hide quoted text -

I have had a farm as a hobby. It's no life as a full time job.

Depends on how well you do it, and where you do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

I have had a farm as a hobby. It's no life as a full time job.

failed at that as well did you?

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, harry
writes
On Apr 19, 7:05*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

wrote:

[...]

All traits that you have displayed on numerous occasions

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 20, 12:16*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
harry wrote:

I have had a farm as a hobby. *It's no life as a full time job.

failed at that as well did you?

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Hard work and little reward. Just a hobby for me so the money didn't
matter..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 20, 6:41*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
, harry
writes

On Apr 19, 7:05*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

wrote:

[...]

So you admit you are spouting unfounded drivel?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
On Apr 20, 6:41*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
, harry
writes

On Apr 19, 7:05*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

wrote:

[...]

Err no, where did I say that?

That's your clueless and stupid traits showing

--
geoff