Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two power tool questions.

Hello all,

1. I have a Bosch power drill with a 'traditional' chuck - uses a key to tighten it up. Is it possible to remove this chuck and put on a keyless chuck?

2. I have a circular saw, and in the instructions (yes, I actually read them!) it says that the depth of the blade should be set to just a little more than the depth of the board to be cut, so for example, if I am cutting a sheet of 18mm ply, I'd have the blade set to 20mm. Why is this recommended over just having the blade at maximum depth?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

David Paste.