Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Heights and an apprentice with balls of steel

Yes, another post about heights:-)

We needed to run a cable down a cable tray. I'll guess at 6.5m high and 30m
long

We had the 3 cherry pickers and and all the lads needed to to the job and
the the apprentice said "I might as well just walk down the cable tray
whilst you feed me the cable, it will be much quicker".

And he did. And it was much quicker.

He also sang and danced to "Do the loco-motion" while walking the cable in.

I am taking the camera tomorrow. I bet he cannot do it with the 95mm 4 core
SWA we also need to lay in the tray. He only pulled down a single 95mm earth
cable down today.

I was crapping myself just standing on the grider next to the cable tray
whilst feeding him the cable.

The HGV driver that was parked below us called him "mad".

--
Adam

Steel balls Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 2 November 24th 11 08:52 PM
Looking for a source for steel balls [email protected] Home Repair 16 August 15th 09 04:49 AM
Need a source for 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls [email protected] Metalworking 6 August 9th 09 04:23 AM
Apprentice Electrician needs help [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 22nd 07 10:25 PM