Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need a source for 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

Can a help with a source?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 8, 1:39*am, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. *They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

Can a help with a source?

If you don't have to do anything to them, hardened balls for bearings
are readily available. Might even find them in one of those hardware
store box assortment racks.

Reid Supply has various types.

John Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:39:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

Can a help with a source?

McMaster-Carr

Unhardened, non-precision:

96455K56
Low-Carbon Steel Ball 1/2" Diameter, Grade 1000
In stock at $7.94 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 100

Hardened, bearing quality:

9528K24
E52100 Alloy Steel Ball 1/2" Diameter, Grade 25
In stock at $14.01 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 100

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

Can a help with a source?

Most bearing suppliers sell individual bearing balls.