Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a source for steel balls

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:51:35 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Wouldn't it be easier to wear a cup? :-)

This place has plain steel or stainless, and many other materials too:

www.smallparts.com

HTH,

Paul F.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you don't get a source here, try on rec crafts
metalworking (also a usenet group). Some very fine people
there, who may help out. They would also maybe have some
steel balls among them. Hope you have a lot of fun, playing
with your 50 to 100 balls.

While I'm close to the subject. The old song "do your ears
hang low, do they wobble to and fro" was originally colonial
military song. It wasn't ears, it was musket balls.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't
have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively
inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home
improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ya'll are falling down on the job....nobody said Superman G

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 8:56�pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

http://www.amazon.com/Chromium-Steel.../dp/B000FMWFME

that work?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yes, thanks. I did a google search, and I kept getting 50 click
throughs and not finding what I needed. Why didn't I think of Amazon?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Wouldn't it be easier to wear a cup? �:-)

This place has plain steel or stainless, and many other materials too:

www.smallparts.com

HTH,

Paul F.

Thanks! I should have learned from IronBalls McGinty...
Posted to alt.home.repair

.

wrote in message

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't
have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively
inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home
improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Thanks, great suggestion. I will do that.

Interesting piece of history, by the way...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 9:51�pm, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

local ball bearing supply company. call a few places shop around for
lowest price

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , buffalobill wrote:
On Aug 7, 9:51=A0pm, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. =A0They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. =A0Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

perhaps search for pachinko balls new or used on ebay and amazon.

Pachinko balls aren't anywhere near that large.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 9:51=A0pm, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. =A0They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. =A0Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

perhaps search for pachinko balls new or used on ebay and amazon.

Pachinko balls aren't anywhere near that large.

No they aren't. I think I sold all my real pachinko balls (with
Japanese symbols on them), but I still have a stash of ball bearings the
same size.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Brown wrote:
wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same
sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS.
My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army.
Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Doug Brown wrote:
wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same
sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS.
My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army.
Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.

TDD

After I pressed "send" I realized that all these fine folks have more than
1/2" - 5/8" "anatomical features" and I'm grateful that no-one sent "buddy"
here to straighten me out .

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Brown wrote:
wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...
Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same
sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS.
My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army.
Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.

TDD

After I pressed "send" I realized that all these fine folks have more than
1/2" - 5/8" "anatomical features" and I'm grateful that no-one sent "buddy"
here to straighten me out .

It's called "premature postification", *snicker*

TDD