Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy 10mm "stand off" pipe clips?

I'm having a really hard time finding a supplier for these.

I mean the sort of pipe clip that has has two semi-circular halves
that clamp round the pipe with a pair of screws and one of the halves
has a little stalk with a screw through it to fix to a surface. The
ones I have hold a 10mm pipe about 2cm or so from the surface.

BES have bigger ones, one brand (?) name is Munson.

I want brass (or stainless would be OK) ones for 10mm pipe.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 23, 9:44*am, wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding a supplier for these.

I mean the sort of pipe clip that has has two semi-circular halves
that clamp round the pipe with a pair of screws and one of the halves
has a little stalk with a screw through it to fix to a surface. *The
ones I have hold a 10mm pipe about 2cm or so from the surface.

BES have bigger ones, one brand (?) name is Munson.

I want brass (or stainless would be OK) ones for 10mm pipe.

--
Chris Green

They are called"split pipe rings." Three parts.
Split ring. Mounting plate. Short bit of screwed rod to suit.

This sort of thing.
http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/mo...?nodeId=-88048

Proper heating heating engineer suppliers have them.
But not B&Q
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:44Â*am, wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding a supplier for these.

I mean the sort of pipe clip that has has two semi-circular halves
that clamp round the pipe with a pair of screws and one of the halves
has a little stalk with a screw through it to fix to a surface. Â*The
ones I have hold a 10mm pipe about 2cm or so from the surface.

BES have bigger ones, one brand (?) name is Munson.

I want brass (or stainless would be OK) ones for 10mm pipe.

--
Chris Green

They are called"split pipe rings." Three parts.
Split ring. Mounting plate. Short bit of screwed rod to suit.

This sort of thing.
http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/mo...?nodeId=-88048

Yes, but as far as I can see all of those are big, much bigger than
the 10mm diameter I want.

I actually don't want/need the type that uses a "Short bit of screwed
rod to suit", I just want to fix to a surface with a screw.

I have bought a few of exactly what I want in France but they're very
expensive and I'm looking for somewhere to buy forty or fifty of them.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:44Â*am, wrote:
[...]

Here's the exact type of thing I want, but they don't have them as
small as 10mm:-

http://www.supremeplumb.com/cgi-bin/...txt&item=00092

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:55:45 +0000, tinnews wrote:

wrote:
harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:44Â*am, wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding a supplier for these.

I mean the sort of pipe clip that has has two semi-circular halves
that clamp round the pipe with a pair of screws and one of the
halves has a little stalk with a screw through it to fix to a
surface. Â*The ones I have hold a 10mm pipe about 2cm or so from the
surface.

BES have bigger ones, one brand (?) name is Munson.

I want brass (or stainless would be OK) ones for 10mm pipe.

--
Chris Green

They are called"split pipe rings." Three parts. Split ring.
Mounting plate. Short bit of screwed rod to suit.

This sort of thing.
http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/module/product/

prca_catnavigation.jsf?nodeId=-88048

Yes, but as far as I can see all of those are big, much bigger than the
10mm diameter I want.

I actually don't want/need the type that uses a "Short bit of screwed
rod to suit", I just want to fix to a surface with a screw.

I have bought a few of exactly what I want in France but they're very
expensive and I'm looking for somewhere to buy forty or fifty of them.

Here's the exact type of thing I want, but they don't have them as small
as 10mm:-

http://www.supremeplumb.com/cgi-bin/...?action=/home/

suprem13/public_html/cgi-bin/home/Shop/Plumbing_Fittings/
Pipe_Clips_and_Back_Plates.txt&item=00092

http://www.middxhose.com/browse_product.aspx?
mode=level1&level1=110000&level2=466186

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:44Â*am, wrote:
[...]

Ah. Not 10mm, sorry.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

Those all start at 15mm, the only 10mm ones are copper saddle clips
and I want a stand-off.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
wrote
harry wrote
wrote

[...]

I have seen what will do your job, made from a single piece of falt metal, in a say 40mm
long piece, folded into a P shape but with two pieces of metal in the bottom part of the
vertical. The screw goes thru that double thickness of metal at the bottom of the P.

They'd certianly cost peanuts and would be avalable for 10mm round whatever thru the round part of the P

Cant for the life of me remember where I have seen them tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:49:17 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

I have seen what will do your job, made from a single piece of falt metal, in a say 40mm
long piece, folded into a P shape but with two pieces of metal in the bottom part of the
vertical. The screw goes thru that double thickness of metal at the bottom of the P.

They'd certianly cost peanuts and would be avalable for 10mm round whatever thru the round part of the P

Cant for the life of me remember where I have seen them tho.

School board clips. The stand-off is fixed, though.
Been trolling DIYnot recently?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:44Â am, wrote:
[...]

French eBay then? They certainly seem to use a lot more small bore pipework
in France for supplying taps/toilets etc. so I would imagine that there will
be eBay merchants there selling 10mm fittings as well. The tricky bit will
be finding out what they're call in French.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:00:21 PM UTC, Tim Downie wrote:

French eBay then? They certainly seem to use a lot more small bore pipework
in France for supplying taps/toilets etc. so I would imagine that there will
be eBay merchants there selling 10mm fittings as well. The tricky bit will
be finding out what they're call in French.

Tim

Ask on here?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro....rec.bricolage

Do post a link if you do, I fancy a giggle. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:
On Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:00:21 PM UTC, Tim Downie wrote:

French eBay then? They certainly seem to use a lot more small bore pipework
in France for supplying taps/toilets etc. so I would imagine that there will
be eBay merchants there selling 10mm fittings as well. The tricky bit will
be finding out what they're call in French.

Tim

Ask on here?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro....rec.bricolage

Do post a link if you do, I fancy a giggle. ;-)

Well I won't go via Google groups but it might be worth a try, I'm
already on fr.rec.bateaux and fr.rec.sport.equitation.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, March 23, 2012 6:40:43 PM UTC, harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:44*am, wrote:

They are called"split pipe rings." Three parts.
Split ring. Mounting plate. Short bit of screwed rod to suit.

They're not. They are Munsen rings, Munsen being the type.not the maker. You can get the back-plate with a male or female thread, and single or double ( Pipe suspended from the ring above) rings I doubt you'll find 10mm ones in the UK. BES do 12mm, it may work with a shim (annealed split copper tube).

You can get spacers for Talon plastic pipe clips to provide a stand-off for insulation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 23, 9:44 am, wrote:

They are called"split pipe rings." Three parts.
Split ring. Mounting plate. Short bit of screwed rod to suit.

They're not. They are Munsen rings, Munsen being the type.not the maker.
You can get the back-plate with a male or female thread, and single or
double ( Pipe suspended from the ring above) rings I doubt you'll find
10mm ones in the UK. BES do 12mm, it may work with a shim (annealed split
copper tube).

http://www.airlinkcompressors.co.uk/...ping-pipe-ring
maybe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 23, 9:44Â*am, wrote:

They are called"split pipe rings." Three parts.
Split ring. Mounting plate. Short bit of screwed rod to suit.

They're not. They are Munsen rings, Munsen being the type.not the maker. You can get the back-plate with a male or female thread, and single or double ( Pipe suspended from the ring above) rings I doubt you'll find 10mm ones in the UK. BES do 12mm, it may work with a shim (annealed split copper tube).

You can get spacers for Talon plastic pipe clips to provide a stand-off for insulation.

Annoyingly Toolstation have the 10mm Talon clips but not the spacers,
Screwfix have the spacers but not the 10mm Talon clips.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:35:45 PM UTC, (unknown) wrote:

Annoyingly Toolstation have the 10mm Talon clips but not the spacers,
Screwfix have the spacers but not the 10mm Talon clips.

Spacers are, I think, the same for all pipe sizes; well they are for 15 and 22mm. Talon have a web site where you should be able to find out for certain. Most plumbers mercahnts keep them, but they don't get much demand for the spacers so you get the funny look.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:59:44 PM UTC, Onetap wrote:
On Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:35:45 PM UTC, (unknown) wrote:

Annoyingly Toolstation have the 10mm Talon clips but not the spacers,
Screwfix have the spacers but not the 10mm Talon clips.

Spacers are, I think, the same for all pipe sizes;

Confirm that, universal spacers.

http://www.talon.co.uk/index.php?opt...16&It emid=24
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:
On Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:35:45 PM UTC, (unknown) wrote:

Annoyingly Toolstation have the 10mm Talon clips but not the spacers,
Screwfix have the spacers but not the 10mm Talon clips.

Spacers are, I think, the same for all pipe sizes; well they are for 15 and 22mm. Talon have a web site where you should be able to find out for certain. Most plumbers mercahnts keep them, but they don't get much demand for the spacers so you get the funny look.

Yes, the spacers are the same, but what I said still applies.
Screwfix have the spacers (for any size), but don't have the 10mm
clips. Toolstation have the 10mm clips but not the spacers.

--
Chris Green

chrome plated 22mm "munsen ring" pipe clips - source? JimK[_2_] UK diy 7 March 31st 10 06:37 PM
10mm pipe clips Stephen[_6_] UK diy 0 December 17th 08 04:28 PM
Sourcing 32mm (1 1/4") chrome saddle pipe clips. swinster UK diy 2 December 9th 05 01:03 PM